Cruisin on Halloween

I was thinking of taking a Halloween Cruise next year and was wondering what sort of activities are planned. Do people dress up, or is this a thing of the past. Halloween is one of my favorite holidays and would hate to see it pass by with no fuss....any feedback would be GREAT!!! thanks in advance

We cruised on Carnival on Holloween two years ago.

We were in a group of 22 people, one child and one stuffed dog. We made crayon costumes. Everyone had a different color. We tried to stand in a group like a box of crayons. It was fun to watch everyone's faces as they would see one of us, then another then another till they saw all of us. There were some great and very imaginative costumes. One couple showed up in a Marie Antoinette and King Louie outfit that must have taken up two suitcases on their own.

I would say be sure to take a costume.:D

There usually is a Holloween party. They are a blast with a prize for the best dressed. Even if there isn't one, you won't be out of place by dressing accordingly that day. We will be on the Explorer the of end of Oct. and have our Halloween shirts etc. set aside.

We were on the Regal Princess last year and I bought a $20.00 inflatable bull rider from Wal*Mart took 1st prize in the sports category. I won bottle of champagne and some Princess souviners. Lots of fun and some people really went all out... Likewise the Princess crew was in costume and carved pumpkins were everywhere!!!

I was thinking of taking a Halloween Cruise next year and was wondering what sort of activities are planned. Do people dress up' date=' or is this a thing of the past. Halloween is one of my favorite holidays and would hate to see it pass by with no fuss....any feedback would be GREAT!!! thanks in advance[/quote']

I will be on the Explorer 10/29 cruise so will let you know when I get back. We are planning on wearing costumes!:D

We were on the Navigator last Halloween and there was a costume parade/contest. I think it is what you make of it. We didn't dress up and didn't feel out of place all day. We saw the video on tv the next day of the contest and it looked like fun though I expected more elaborate costumes than what had won.

We were on the Navigator last Halloween and there was a costume parade/contest. I think it is what you make of it. We didn't dress up and didn't feel out of place all day. We saw the video on tv the next day of the contest and it looked like fun though I expected more elaborate costumes than what had won.

JeanMR1,

We were on that cruise and we dressed up as Tinker Bell and Peter Pan. My wife made our costumes and she did a great job. This was probably the most fun we've had on a cruise (except for Rasul):cool: . Not only did we get a private party, but thet threw a parade and we walked down the pramanade to cheering crowds. It was a blast. I highly recommend participating. People would come up to us the next days and say you were Peter Pan and Tinker Bell and say how much they enjoyed the parade and our costumes. The Kids really enjoyed it, in fact we gave parts of our costumes to some younger kids. They were greateful.

Jessica Rabbit won and she was great, she totally played the part.

Get out there.....and participate.

cruise on...

We will be cruisin' on Halloween this year with the kids (11, 9, & 5) thus I am hoping that there will be a lot of activities for the holiday. I was really at a loss to come of with costumes for the 5 of us that wouldn't take up a ton of room. I finally did come up with this idea: My hubby and I will dress up as contestants on The Price Is Right (I went there earlier this year-still have my homemade shirt and nametag), my son (11) will be Bob Barker (we'll spray his hair grey, he'll wear his suit, have a microphone and fake bills sticking out his pockets), and the girls (9 & 5) will be Barker beauties in their matching dresses. Not sure it the kids will go for this idea, but sounds fun to me.:p

We cruised on Halloween last year. We were on the Explorer and they had the Promenade decorated for Halloween. As it was formal night there weren't many costumes at dinner however after dinner there was a Halloween party in the Chamber and a lot of people were wearing costumes then.

We also took along some treat bags for the staff :)

Archived