Won $99 (priceline) Wyndham Grand Bay Coconut Grove

cruisejunkie4ever

HI All,

THis will be our 1st time at this hotel, precruise in January!

Is this i nice hotel it is listed as 4*, Good price?

Any info would be great.

Thanks.

Its a good hotel in a great location. Its right across the street from the Bay and walking distance to Coconut Grove where there are plenty of shops, restaurants and bars to choose from. Also across from the hotel is a Fresh Market where you can pick up a couple of extras like soda's, beer or wine. Keep In mind this is not a regular supermarket and therefore does not have toiletries and such, only food.

Also down the street is Monty's and Scotty's for some good seafood and beer.

The port is about a 20 minute drive North from the hotel.

Let me know if you have any other questions. :D

lmondrop. What do you think about location of Hampton Inn Downtown/Key Biscayne location on Brickell??? It does not seem TOO far away from downtown/Bayside on the map. We(family of 4) are hoping to take public transit around. Two years ago we got an excellent price from Priceline at the Hyatt and took public transit to South Beach/walked to Bayside. We are hoping for Priceline again, but because we are coming during Xmas holiday time the prices are crazy!!!!

The tripadvisor reviews of this Hampton seem decent-we hope! Price is about $143/night.

I see Hotwire has a Coconut Grove 3 1/2 * for about $90/night(=good price!) and I think- IF I remember correctly- that someone said it was the Wyndham that they got. We could take that, but it is that much further from downtown Miami. lmondrop-what do you think???-worth the extra distance to save some money, but no breakfast there. Thank-you for any advice you can give.

lmondrop. What do you think about location of Hampton Inn Downtown/Key Biscayne location on Brickell??? It does not seem TOO far away from downtown/Bayside on the map. We(family of 4) are hoping to take public transit around. Two years ago we got an excellent price from Priceline at the Hyatt and took public transit to South Beach/walked to Bayside. We are hoping for Priceline again, but because we are coming during Xmas holiday time the prices are crazy!!!!

The tripadvisor reviews of this Hampton seem decent-we hope! Price is about $143/night.

I see Hotwire has a Coconut Grove 3 1/2 * for about $90/night(=good price!) and I think- IF I remember correctly- that someone said it was the Wyndham that they got. We could take that, but it is that much further from downtown Miami. lmondrop-what do you think???-worth the extra distance to save some money, but no breakfast there. Thank-you for any advice you can give.

The Hampton Inn is a decent hotel at best if you are looking for a nice budget hotel. I actually stayed there back in 95 when I graduated highschool for some prom parties :o and back then the rooms were actually all right. It still looks ok today. Its at the very beggining of Brickell Ave, right at the entrance of Key Biscayne. You are about 10 minutes or less away from downtown/port at the very most. There are several bus stops along Brickell Ave including one across the street from your hotel.

The Wyndham is further South by about another 10 minutes which would put you about 20 minutes away from the port/downtown area. The Metro mover does not extend as far as the Hampton Inn or the Wyndham. I personally think you should save the money and stay at the Wyndha, becuase at least there are lots of things to do in the Grove that is walking distance or you can take the Coconut Grove Trolley, which is free, around the area - as opposed to the Hampton Inn which is not close to anything. Its basically in a residential neighborhood of high rises and next to the entrance of Key Biscayne. Besides, The Wyndham is a much nicer hotel than the Hampton Inn.

If you are willing to pay the $143/night I suggest trying the Intercontinental on PL for $80/night. You may also want to check the Courtyard Marriot which is right down the street from the Hyatt just as another option.

Hope this helps ;)

Thanks lmdrop for the info. I am going to research re:the Hotwire price for Wyndham. Also may try for Priceline, but because there is 4 of us and it being the high&Xmas season-am afraid they may run out of 2 bed rooms.

Well if you have anymore questions then let me know. Good Luck!! :p

Thanks lmdrop for the info. I am going to research re:the Hotwire price for Wyndham. Also may try for Priceline, but because there is 4 of us and it being the high&Xmas season-am afraid they may run out of 2 bed rooms.

I got The Wyndham for January for $100. On Hotwire, it is $115.

We got married at this hotel and spent out honeymood night there in 1987 (hard to believe its been 20 years). It was run by a different management compnay then, and I have been told that these days it is not the first class hotel it used to be--I have no first hand expereince on this, but just thought I would pass what I heard on.

• 3 weeks later...
Well if you have anymore questions then let me know. Good Luck!! :p

Someone has mentioned that the Wyndham is due for renovations at the end of 2006 or the beginning of 2007. Have you heard any rumours about this?

Someone has mentioned that the Wyndham is due for renovations at the end of 2006 or the beginning of 2007. Have you heard any rumours about this?

Yes it is a fact. They are beggining the renovations in february of 2007. They will be doing all floors starting from the top and working down. So the renovations will take sometime.

Yes it is a fact. They are beggining the renovations in february of 2007. They will be doing all floors starting from the top and working down. So the renovations will take sometime.

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. I was feeling a bit nervous because we got the Wyndham on Priceline for Jan 20-22nd. I am relieved to know I will be there before the renovations.:)

If you have booked a wyndham hotel, join their on line loyalty program, it costs nothing and you will get the best available room and a choice of Beer, water fruit or cheese and crackers in your room, I also think you get some free internet and also phone calls.

If you have booked a wyndham hotel, join their on line loyalty program, it costs nothing and you will get the best available room and a choice of Beer, water fruit or cheese and crackers in your room, I also think you get some free internet and also phone calls.

Thanks I did join. But I was wondering if I would get the benefits of their loyalty program since I booked through Priceline. What do you think?

Thanks I did join. But I was wondering if I would get the benefits of their loyalty program since I booked through Priceline. What do you think?

Nope. Sorry, doesn't work. I just tried. :( Can't blame them though, with such a good reduction in price, they can't offer it all. They can tell by the confirmation # it's a priceline booking. Oh well. Still happy with the deal we got on the room!

So when you got the Wyndham did you select a 4 star and downtown Miami. I have never used Pricelnie adn I am in Miami early Jan for one night prior to our cruise.

I am not too picky but was worried that I would end up with either a roach infested hotel or too far from the Pier. We'll use a taxi to get to the hotel (unless they have a shuttle) and then use a taxi int he am to get to the pier.

Sorry I am just very nervous being new at this whole Priceline thing.

Any help/advice you can give is really appreciated.

So when you got the Wyndham did you select a 4 star and downtown Miami. I have never used Pricelnie adn I am in Miami early Jan for one night prior to our cruise.

I am not too picky but was worried that I would end up with either a roach infested hotel or too far from the Pier. We'll use a taxi to get to the hotel (unless they have a shuttle) and then use a taxi int he am to get to the pier.

Sorry I am just very nervous being new at this whole Priceline thing.

Any help/advice you can give is really appreciated.

If you click on this thread, I explained how I got the hotel for $100.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=7991936#post7991936

Still it is a very good idea to familiarize yourself with biddingfortravel.

I just received this email from Wyndham. I had sent the question off before I heard from Imondrop.

Thank you for contacting Wyndham Customer Care. The property is tentatively

scheduling the renovations in April or May of 2007, however, these dates

could change.

Sincerely,

Liza Mueller

Customer Care Manager

Phone: 605-229-8077

Archived