GoPorta.com and Vatican Museums

Hi

Just wondering if anyone out there has used Goporta.com to book a vatican museum tour?

I've booked a tour with them but don't get confirmation until the day before.

Here's my question: The only ENGLISH guided tour is at 10:30Am. That's the time I requested but as mentioned, I won't know until the day before if I get that time slot. Anyhow, I'm just wondering if there's anyone out there that went with goporta before and requested a time slot and found out that they couldn't get slotted in at that time. What alternative arrangements did they give you?? Did they slot you in at another time? Was it in ENGLISH? What happened to you? I'm just trying to understand ahead of time what I can expect if I don't get the 10:30AM time I requested.

Thanks

: )

Have never heard of that company. I was just in Rome and had a wonderful guide. Our guide spoke perfect english and knew what time to get us to the Vatican so that we could avoid the lines. Also suggested which day was best for the least amount of congestion.

I was in Rome on the same cruise as BC Happy Gal - I found the name of Angel Tours http://www.angeltoursrome.com/en/index.html on these boards, and used then twice during our trip - first for the Heart of Rome tour - and also the Vatican tour. Both tours were fantastic.....Had the same guide both times, Ann Marie from Cork, Ireland.

The Vatican tour began at 12:30 - we did on Thursday 9/28 - the day we disembarked from the ship. We did not have to wait to get into the museum because the crowds are usually less after lunchtime. It was listed as a 3 hour tour on the website, Ann Marie actually spent 4 hours with us. There is way too much to see in the museums - she hit the highlights there, and then to the Sistine Chapel, and St Peter's.

The cost for each tour was 25 Euro +tip (plus the museum admssion fee of 12 Euro). They were not private tours - we had about 8 people on the 1st tour - and 12 for the Vatican. I highly recomment them - especially guide Ann Marie.

Archived