What is going on?!?

Emme

Okay, can someone please help me understand this?

After checking prices for months and months and finally deciding to wait until the day of our 10th anniversary (October 5th) to book the cruise I am told something unexpected. Not only are there no triples or quads for the sailing date I want but there are no triples or quads for any May through August sailing! Trip is a 7 day Bayonne to Bermuda. I was hopin for the July 7th sailing or there about.

I called Celebrity and the lady I spoke with said she never saw anything like this before, she checked with her manager and was told most likely an agency booked blocks and blocks of rooms just a few days ago and that's why there isn't ANYTHING available. I called back again later that night and also today and was told the same thing. Each agent at Celebrity told me they have not seen anything like this before. They said they hoped something would open up but for it to be completly booked with the triples & quads, they said this is unheard of.

Anyone care to offer any insight!!!???

Thanks very much.

Okay, can someone please help me understand this?

After checking prices for months and months and finally deciding to wait until the day of our 10th anniversary (October 5th) to book the cruise I am told something unexpected. Not only are there no triples or quads for the sailing date I want but there are no triples or quads for any May through August sailing! Trip is a 7 day Bayonne to Bermuda. I was hopin for the July 7th sailing or there about.

I called Celebrity and the lady I spoke with said she never saw anything like this before, she checked with her manager and was told most likely an agency booked blocks and blocks of rooms just a few days ago and that's why there isn't ANYTHING available. I called back again later that night and also today and was told the same thing. Each agent at Celebrity told me they have not seen anything like this before. They said they hoped something would open up but for it to be completly booked with the triples & quads, they said this is unheard of.

Anyone care to offer any insight!!!???

Thanks very much.

It might be that they are adjusting pricing, thinking about scheduling a drydock, changing the itinerary, or any other reason why there cruises aren't listed. Or some groups may have bought out the rest of the cabins. I think reservations see the same thing that you see when you go online to Celebrity's website. They don't see the reason so they tend to say whatever the reason was the last time they encounted this situation.

During summer months and holidays when kids are out of school, the triples and quads do go quick. Some may open closer to sailing as travel agents have to return any unused cabins. If it were me and I needed a triple or a quad, I would book it when it first becomes available and have the price adjusted if it goes down. When you only have 2 then you probably could have waited until today to book.

It might be that they are adjusting pricing, thinking about scheduling a drydock, changing the itinerary, or any other reason why there cruises aren't listed. Or some groups may have bought out the rest of the cabins. I think reservations see the same thing that you see when you go online to Celebrity's website. They don't see the reason so they tend to say whatever the reason was the last time they encounted this situation.

Hi Hajekfam !

I'd bet you are right. I highly doubt all of the cabins disappeared overnight. Perhaps Celebrity is thinking of making some intinerary changes or a drydock, and that's why you cant find what you are looking for. You have plenty of time before your sailing. I would check back in a week or 2. Hopefully, what you are looking for, will show up again. Just be patient :)

Isn't this interesting!!! We made reservations for my sister's wedding on the May 5th 2007 Express of the Sea to Bermuda. There are no superior oceanviews or Blaconies available. It is like poof they are gone. I was told the same thing from RCCL that they had never seen anything like this!!! The only thing I could come up with is that there are several group bookings on board. Bermuda must be a hot product right now!

I would give it a couple of days. When I go into reservations I can pull up the cabin numbers showing available berths for 3rds 4ths and 5ths.

More than likely revenue is repricing 3rd, 4th and 5th rates.

The cabins are there.. plenty of them.

ocngypz,

Can you tell me how to pull up reservations that show the rooms are really available? Thanks.

I'm still in shock that they are gone.

Note to self: Never wait, grab the room while you can!

It is Bermuda as usual for 2007. None of the 3rd anhd 4ths come up for any date.. even Oct 07.

Emme, I'm an agent, so it is easier for me to manipulate a reservation system.

I suppose you could get a brochure and enter cabin numbers individually.

However, that'll take you some time.

I'd give it a couple of days and try again.

Thanks ocngypz, I do apprecate the info.

I also noticed that the prices seem to have gone up dramatically for the Zenith to Bermuda cruise. Hope if/when a triple becomes available the prices are close to what they were less then a week ago.

I was looking to book the Zenith May 5th, and had been watching the price and the cabins for the past month. About a week ago there was a very big change. The price nearly doubled and a alot of cabins dissapeared overnight. Now all I can do is wait and hope things go back to the way they were.

Tbear,

I printed out a price last from 10/02 and one from today. I'll give you a few examples.

July 7 inside: $1,149 was the going price on Oct 2

July 7 inside: $2,249 is the going price as of today Oct 8

Aug 4 inside: $1,099 as Oct 2

Aug 4 inside: $2,189 as of today.

Yes, you are right all we can do is hope things go back to the way they were. I am kicking myself for not booking this when I should've instead of being corny and waiting to do it ON my 10th wedding anniversary. Argh!

I booked onboard during our 8/25/06 Mercury cruise for a Zenith 8/25/07 cruise. We have an inside quad. During the past week the cruise cost has doubled, and the 8/25 cruise if listed as entirely sold out ! This doesn't seem possible. When I called celebrity they said the price was correct at the higher rate, but there were staterooms available. Do you think this means they are going to cancel the sailing, and they don't want to take any more reservations?

My brother just tried to book the Zentih to Bermuda for 2007 just last week, same story. His TA cantacted Celebrity and the rep was baffled. A supervisor was called in and stated that all triples and quads will not be available until shortly prior to the cruise. No explanation of what shortly meant. I booked a 7/7/07 Zenith quad back in June for next year. Prior to the freeze I noticed the fare go up. My expereince with triples and quads, book very early.

My brother booked Radience of the Seas out of Philly to Bermuda. Same company, different policy. Go figure:confused:

Archived