Recent Passport Applications - How Long to Receive It?

NWS777

Time got away from us and we did not apply for our passports until today for our December 3rd cruise. They said it will take 6-8 weeks. We leave for Miami in exactly 8 weeks.

Just wondering if anyone has applied for a passport in the last several weeks and how long it took to arrive?

A friend applied for one a few months ago and it arrived in only 3 weeks. With the deadline getting so close, I imagine more people are applying and it will take longer.

By the way, our cruise documents arrived today. I'm getting so excited. :)

My husband applied for his first passport on September 4 and I had to get a new passport for the name change on the same day. Hubby received his on September 28 and I got mine on Wednesday. It was really fast!!

Time got away from us and we did not apply for our passports until today for our December 3rd cruise. They said it will take 6-8 weeks. We leave for Miami in exactly 8 weeks.

Just wondering if anyone has applied for a passport in the last several weeks and how long it took to arrive?

A friend applied for one a few months ago and it arrived in only 3 weeks. With the deadline getting so close, I imagine more people are applying and it will take longer.

By the way, our cruise documents arrived today. I'm getting so excited. :)

I went to apply today! They told me 5 weeks. Also, no need to worry, you can still use your birth certificate and drivers license if it doesnt come in, but I bet you will have it in plenty of time!

We applied for our passports on August 19th and got ours in 3 weeks. They told us it was backed up and we would get them in 8 to 10 weeks. I was surprised. I think you'll get them in a few weeks in plenty of time for your cruise. We leave for our cruise in December too but our cruise is on the 9th. I can't wait.

Happy cruising.:)

I applied for my passport on September 6th. They told me it could take up to 8 weeks. I got my passport in the mail this past Monday, October 2nd. It only took 26 days and I had it. I was so surprised it only took 3 1/2 weeks for them to get it done and happy, now I just have to wait until February gets here and we get on Liberty:D

The website for US Dept of State has an "online application status check" http://travel.state.gov/passport/passport_1738.html (look in shaded area on left side of page). Give it long enough to get in the system (approx. a week after sending) and it will give you an approx. delivery date. Mine was pretty accurate, received a couple of days earlier than the date they showed. When it mails out the site will indicate this so you know to be watching for it. You should get it in plenty of time, have fun!

We sent our kids in just before labor day..August 31 and got the minor kids passports in exactly 3 weeks. The 2 older kids ( 16 and 18) took just a bit more time...I think it was 4 weeks. Be careful if you are doing your own photos cuz they are getting pickier about what they will accept. We got ours at Walgreens for $6.50 and they were perfect. Melissa

Archived