Weight limit for carry-ons, international

blue whale

Does anyone know the weight limit for a regular carry-on for an international flight with TAP? We are flying to Lisbon to board Prinsendam. In the past, we made the trip with Continental; the weight limit was 40 lbs. or 18 Kg, enough so that we each could roll on a bag with a change of underwear, a pair of dress shoes, prescription meds, a bathing suit, night wear, a nice top, dress pants, etc. I understand that TAP allows far less in weight on a carry-on, although the same number of inches. Am I wrong? I hope I am wrong!

Also I can never remember having my carry on bag weighed. Has anyone had his/her carry-on bag weighed? If so, where? HAL changed our requested airline from Continental to TAP, although we had requested deviation months and months ago.

Actually the timing of the TAP flight is better than that of the Continental. I guess I may have to wear two sets of underewear as I get on the plane:) :) :)

Thanks, Jim. I went to the site you sent me. Do you know whether Continental also has changed its limits for cabin luggage? We fly home on Continental. CC is just great. I should have thought to ask here rather than wondering all day.

Archived