Max pax in Penthouse, Royal, Sky Suites

Betty4

How many passengers are allowed to stay in the suites on Mercury, Summit and Infinity? Looking to do Alaska and have recently reserved a Skysuite w/ a connecting CC cabin for my DH, 4 children (ages 3-9) and me on Mercury Skydeck. An aquaintance told me that we should have booked a Penthouse or Royal suite which would cost less in the end (?) and be a better layout for our needs (separate dining area, more space to spread out, one exit to hallway to worry about, etc.). Any experts out there with the answer? I thought I had a great plan!!!!

The PH contains only one bedroom and one king bed. In the living room there's one sofa that opens up to a rather small queen size bed. I don't think they allow any more than 4 in any of those suites. A sky suite won't hold four kids and two adults. Just too tiny of a room. Royal suites have one bedroom with a king, and one sofa that opens up to a queen bed.

IMHO, I think you will be better off with the Sky Suite and CC cabin you have planned. Not sure if all of the CC cabins have a sleeper sofa, but most of the Sky Suites do - so you could sleep 4 in the Sky Suite and 2 in the CC (or 3 & 3). Plus, you have 2 full bathrooms!

The Celebrity website says about the Sky Suites: "some" with sleeper sofa - and it says the CC's have a sleeper sofa, but I would double check with Celebrity about sleeper sofas in your specific cabins.

Do all suites have butlers? We were guaranteed a Sky Suite but were assigned a Celebrity Suite instead on our cruise next week. Our TA is going to check it out tomorrow.

Yes, you have a butler.

Thanks all! The Celebrity rep. recommended the setup we have at present selling the huge balcony aspects of the cabins on the Sky deck. I never considered anything else except family ocean views, but they were already booked. I'll keep what I have! thanks again.

What worried me was price, since we pay full price for the 1st two guests in each cabin and a lower amount for 3rd in each one. It would be cheaper in a suite if we paid full price for 2, then the reduced fee for 3,4,5 and 6. When I did the math, the Royal suite would have been cheaper. BUT since you can only put 4 in a suite, regardless of age/size, it becomes a non-issue. I am actually relieved and looking forward to the trip. I could save $ by taking an inside right across the hall, but the kids are really too young for that and it wouldn't be conducive to in room babysitting. Thanks again!

Archived