Suite question

BarbaraB2

Does anyone know the differences between the Century Suites and the Sky Suites, other than its size? We had a "Guarantee W suite" which was supposed to be a Sky Suite, or better, but were assigned a Century Suite instead. Our TA will check with Celebrity tomorrow but I'd like to know if there are differences in the amenities (butler service, room service menu, etc.) It may be too late to change because the cruise is SOLD OUT according to its website.:confused:

edit.gif

There is no difference between the Sky and Century Suites except for size and location (Century Suites are at the stern).

Century Suites are "inferior" to the Sky Suites. Your suite guarantee must be for Century Suite or better as opposed to Sky Suite or better.

A sky suite is 251 square feet with a 57 square foot balcony. It is a glorified balcony stateroom with a butler.

A Celebrity suite is 467 square feet with floor to ceiling windows across the livingroom' dining combo- a separate bedroom and bathroom with a tub. It does not have a balcony though. And in my opinion I'd rather have the balcony than the extra room. So from that standpoint- the previous poster may have thought it to be inferior. And of course you have a butler.

Either way, I'd be pleased though. My parents had a Celebrity Suite on two of their cruises and it was like a palace- even without the balcony.

Enjoy. Its all good!:p

A Century Suite (Cat NS) is actually about the size of a CC cabin on M-Class. It is listed as 190 sq ft with 38 sq ft of balcony. When Century first sailed, these cabins were not even categorized as suites. They were "deluxe outside cabins with balcony". A couple of years later, they were upgraded to mini-suites because they were one of the few cabins to have balconies back then aboard Century. Then a few years later, they were formally designated as Century Suites.

BTW, the Century Suites have a hinged balcony door while the Sky Suites have sliding glass doors which are nicer (better view and more light). Also the Century Suites do not have a bathtub which are found in the Sky Suites.

Archived