Choice between booking with Celebrity or online agency

Hflors

I've been checking the prices for my cruise next march. Celebrity has my cabin listed for $200.00 more than a rep. on line agency. I am undecided what to do. On one hand the $200.00 would buy a lot of foo foo drinks, but I would loose control of my booking. If I pay the higher price with the cruise line I will be allowed to call celebrity directly. I called celebrity and they won't match the price. ANy experts out there that have any suggestions to what I should do. I generally book with the cruise line as I hate the 3 way conversations if I book with a TA, but I hate to give away $200.00!

Obviously, the agency has a group on that sailing and that is why the rate is lower.

How much control over your booking is necessary? It's a pretty down and dirty booking, yes? or no?

Now, the question is... what do you know about the agency? Can you actually talk to an agent, or do you have to call some customer service line which is outsourced outside the US? Do they charge you extra for speaking with an agent?

Are you doing the booking online or can you call an agent at the agency and talk to them?

Not all agencies which have websites operate the same. It pays to do your homework.

As long as the TA is reputable, that $200 can buy some excursions, adult beverages, souvenirs...Are you going to have THAT many issues for Celebrity that you feel the need to have them directly at your disposal? Any good TA should be able to address your issues for you.

I've been checking the prices for my cruise next march. Celebrity has my cabin listed for $200.00 more than a rep. on line agency. I am undecided what to do. On one hand the $200.00 would buy a lot of foo foo drinks, but I would loose control of my booking. If I pay the higher price with the cruise line I will be allowed to call celebrity directly. I called celebrity and they won't match the price. ANy experts out there that have any suggestions to what I should do. I generally book with the cruise line as I hate the 3 way conversations if I book with a TA, but I hate to give away $200.00!

Will this online agency contact Celebrity on your behalf if the price for your cabin's category subsequently goes down? If not, you might wind up paying more for your cruise because Celebrity won't deal with you directly if you book through a TA.

Archived