Towncar LAX to Port

Seagarr

Has anyone taken a Towncar from LAX to the Port? Was also wondering what the Cab Fare would be if we decided to go that route. Airports have made it difficult to be met in the Baggage area anymore by a Limo Driver.

We enjoy starting and ending or Cruise without boarding a bus or shuttle.

Thanks for you help.

We're booking a town car with Golden West Express from LAX to San Pedro and back. It's $50 for two....flat rate, no meter running. I got enough feedback in the ports forum to make me comfortable with the decision. They're a curbside service....won't meet you at baggage claim, but they'll be waiting right outside the door.

I also inquired about return service (we have an early flight home), and they said they would be at the port at 9:30. We just have to pick up the phone and they'll be there in a few minutes.

When does your cruise leave? I'll get back here after ours (20 Nov. - 5 Dec.) and let you know how Golden West worked out, if you like.

We have a driver we use in LA. Both times we cruised there we were delayed, once getting off the ship and this year the ship was around 7 hours late getting back to San Pedro......He was there for us. Taking a town car is a great way to go.....it's certainly much more relaxing. If you like I can email you his Number.

We're booking a town car with Golden West Express from LAX to San Pedro and back. It's $50 for two....flat rate, no meter running. I got enough feedback in the ports forum to make me comfortable with the decision. They're a curbside service....won't meet you at baggage claim, but they'll be waiting right outside the door.

I also inquired about return service (we have an early flight home), and they said they would be at the port at 9:30. We just have to pick up the phone and they'll be there in a few minutes.

This is lower than their on-line quote says. How did you get the $50 flat rate quote?

How do you know what time to book (i.e. what time you will be off the ship?)

This is lower than their on-line quote says. How did you get the $50 flat rate quote?

How do you know what time to book (i.e. what time you will be off the ship?)

I emailed them directly and was quoted $50. I also told them what time our flight left LAX for home, said we would request early disembarkation, and they said they'd be at the pier by 9:30.

So there: Thanks for the information. I'll send them an e-mail.

I went ahead and reserved by phone today....again was reassured of the $50 fare. Also, you pay the driver directly, so if they're a no-show, you're not out the money and can grab a cab if need be. There's a little lack of luxury in that you have to get your own bags off the carousel and call them before you leave baggage claim. He said they'd then be waiting right outside the door. Same on the return....disembark, get luggage, go through customs, and call them. They'll be there in 5 minutes.

Let me know if they tell you something different.

• 3 weeks later...
So There, I would like that number as well. We are not leaving until January but I would like to get everything arranged before the last minute.

crusing@classicnetnet.net

I tried to forward you an email from Golden West, but it wasn't deliverable. Is your email address spelled properly? I don't know if there's any rule about posting their phone number here, but God hates a coward, so here goes :D :

1-800-917-5656

We had the towncar pick us up at LAX and the complete experience was wonderful. We got our baggage, called the number given, and within minutes he was there. We told him what we were wearing and he told us the type of car he had and we had no problems at all. We went straight to the hotel. We paid $50 plus tip and it was worth every penny!

We had the towncar pick us up at LAX and the complete experience was wonderful. We got our baggage, called the number given, and within minutes he was there. We told him what we were wearing and he told us the type of car he had and we had no problems at all. We went straight to the hotel. We paid $50 plus tip and it was worth every penny!

Excellent to hear! We're off ni 16 days...can't wait! Thank you for your review!

We have 10-12 family members arriving at LAX at different times on a Sunday morning. How many folks can ride in a Towncar? We have a 4 and 6 year old - - are car seats available?

They have various sizes and prices of town cars you just have to check with them and they should be able to tell you if they have car seats. They also have vans they can use as well. Good Luck

We have 10-12 family members arriving at LAX at different times on a Sunday morning. How many folks can ride in a Towncar? We have a 4 and 6 year old - - are car seats available?

They have various sizes and prices of town cars you just have to check with them and they should be able to tell you if they have car seats. They also have vans they can use as well. Good Luck

• 2 weeks later...

We are on a one-way next Sept from LA to Miami on the NCL Pearl and will be staying in downtown LA 3 nights pre-cruise. Haven't booked a hotel yet but our concern is the best and cheapest way to get from hotel to the pier in San Pedro. Should we let our concierge arrange it or are there private companies out there that are less expensive? What have other people done.

We just booked reservations with Golden West Express. For 3 ppl, they quoted us $54. Only a couple of dollars more than Super Shuttle. We used Super Shuttle last time we were flying into LAX and it wasn't too bad getting to the hotel, but we used it in Phoenix (we had reserved the entire shuttle) and it was a horror. Waited 1 1/2 just to get a shuttle. Especiallywhen hauling luggage, curbside or driver meeting us in baggage is much prefered. And you sure can't argue about their price. Just hope they do what they say.

Archived