Towncar LAX to Port

Seagarr

We just returned from MR on The Diamond. Docked on Saturaday and had reserved a Town Car with Golden West for 9:00. It took so long to disembark that we called about 9:30 and was told it was too late and no cars were available!! When I booked the car I let them know it was an approximate time because you never know when you can get off and was assured that it would not be a problem. We ended up taking Prime Shuttle which was at the Pier waiting and for less $$. It of course was very upsetting and not very good business. We will never use them again.

Has anyone ever had any experience with T's Limo Service. I received a quote but have not had good luck with Limo Service in the past and I am wondering if there is anyway to find out whether or not they give good service or what kind of reputation they may have? Travelling with Seniors and kids and want to make sure that everything goes smoothly. Any suggestions?:)

We used Golden West on our last cruise; Island Princess, Sand Pedro to Hawaii and back. Everything was set up by email. The driver called my cell while we were walking to the elevator at the Crowne Plaza (he was 15 minutes early). He took us right to the pier with no problems (the Princess embarcation was another story, however).

On the return side, I had made the pickup time for 10 am thinking that we'd be some of the last off the ship since we had independent plans. I found out the night before (when we got our luggage tags) that we'd probably be off around 9 am, so I called a 7 am and was assured that the car would be there by 9:15 and it was.

It was worth the few extra dollars to us to have a car pick us up and take us to our destination immediately. We've been on buses that we had to wait for and shuttles that seemed to drive around forever before we were on our way.

Bon Voyage, everyone!

Just off the Island Princess yesterday (I can't tell you how sad I am that it's over!). We used Golden West. I reserved a town car both ways, but we were picked up by a rather beaten-up looking van when we disembarked, very unlike the Cadillac that took us to the pier before embarkation. Other than that, it ran very smoothly.....no issues with time even though we got off the boat an hour later than we had planned. We called and our driver was there in five minutes.

Bottom line: Golden West worked fine for us, but I wasn't overly impressed. There are plenty of taxis available, and were I to do it again, I'd probably opt for that.

Is this something you need to agree on before getting in the cab? Do they also have set rates to Long beach?

I would definitely ask them before I got in the cab, and they probably have flat rates to Long Beach too since it's also a cruise port.

• 4 weeks later...

I just reserved a car with Golden West Express for LAX to the port and then a return trip after the cruise in March. I was quoted $50 each way.

My question is, do you generally give a tip on top of that $50 or just give them $50 in cash and that's all?

Just wondering...

Thanks!

I just reserved a car with Golden West Express for LAX to the port and then a return trip after the cruise in March. I was quoted $50 each way.

My question is, do you generally give a tip on top of that $50 or just give them $50 in cash and that's all?

Just wondering...

Thanks!

We gave them a $10 tip on the way there, nothing on the way back since they sent the beat-up van instead of the towncar for the same price. To tip is customary...about %15 is fair enough.

I believe most, if not all, have a flat rate. I've heard it's between $35-40.

Would this be the same price for 3 people and would we just be able to get in one upon disembarkation, are there enough there available for anyone that needs them? Thanks

• 1 month later...

Thanks!

FYI - I used Golden West Express last week. They are a great company and I would recommend them! Thanks for the tip!

We are on a one-way next Sept from LA to Miami on the NCL Pearl and will be staying in downtown LA 3 nights pre-cruise. Haven't booked a hotel yet but our concern is the best and cheapest way to get from hotel to the pier in San Pedro. Should we let our concierge arrange it or are there private companies out there that are less expensive? What have other people done.

Just a quick please, please, please on this one...:D

Hopefully you will check and see this before your cruise...

3 days in LA, you will be missing out, and not the best option for you to stay in downtown LA for 3 whole days...:(

Please check this thread to get more ideas and options...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=517205

Click on that link above...

Easier and less expensive to get a shuttle to San Pedro from 90% of the hotels listed above in that link than from Downtown.

I really hope that you get this and check it before you go...

CJW

hope its not to late to be asking, but next sat on the 24th myself and 2 others will be flying into long beach airport and staying in san pedro. What will be the best way to get fron airport to the hotel? And then on the 25th we need to get to long beach to ship out on the pride. Should i try to set up in advance or are they close enough together that threre should be no trouble getting there. And was I being really stupid getting the hotel in san pedro when sailing out of long beach?

thanks

dave

Archived