FLL Cruiseport - Can you Walk???

AnthonyF

We're arriving Midnight the day before the cruise and are looking at the HI Express which is basically at the entrance to the port (2 blocks). Add luggage and what I think is a huge port, how long a walk to say the middle? Fit family, but I don't want to be lugging luugage over 1 mile...

Thanks,

Take a taxi! The FLL port, Port Everglades, is for both commercial shipping and cruise ships. It is very large. While it might be two blocks to the entrance from your hotel, it will be a considerable distance further to the ship. I know because I have sailed from there and also because I live in Florida.

I don't think its walkable. The distance between point a and point b, imo, has a lot of twists and turns, and frankly its possible that its simply not allowed. When you take a cab in (only $10 by the way), they have to stop and show id, sometimes you have to show id as well at a check point with a gate. I'm not sure you would be allowed to walk in for security reasons. I could be wrong, its been known to happen (that I've been wrong:o )

It's not walkable because you have to go through a security check at the port entrance and there's no place to do this while not in a vehicle. And as others have said, this is a huge port with more than 30 docks/terminals. To get from one place to another can be more than a mile. Not a fun walk pulling luggage in the hot, humid weather.

Archived