Disembarking form ship?

Has anyone ever disembarked from the ship at a port that was not the final destination?

We were thinking of taking a Transalantic and getting off one day early in Belgium instead of Harwich.

Does anyone know if this is possiable?

Any info would be greatly appricated.

Thanking everyone in advance.

Have you called RCCL? Here you'll get alot of info but only the cruise line knows for sure ( sometimes). I do know you can get off early by picking a fight, but that might get you banned from the cruise line for good. :D

Yes, it's definitely possible. On one cruise, two members of the group I was in left the ship early for the same reason (starting another cruise that overlapped with the first one), although they left on different days in different ports.

You just have to arrange it with the cruise line. If you know well in advance, start the process of sorting it out before you go. But you can do this even after you sail, or change the arrangements. At the end of the day, you're not a prisoner on board.

Thankyou Globaliser: We do not sail until May 2005 and wanted to know before we booked if this was possiable. We will call RCL again and request this before we book. The first person we talked to at RCL wasn't too sure if we could do it. That is why we wanted to know if anyone else has done this before.

Thanks again Globaliser your help!

Just a few more questions please. Can we get help carring off our luggage or do we need to take it off ourself? Do we go through customs the day before?

Can we get help carring off our luggage or do we need to take it off ourself? Do we go through customs the day before?
I think that's the sort of thing which the cruise line or the ship can sort out for you. I suspect that immigration and customs would be done on arrival at the port of disembarkation, but you'd probably need to be able to cooperate with the timings as the ship would have to be cleared by immigration/customs before anyone can disembark even for their excursions.

The people in my group disembarked in Ocho Rios and Cozumel, where I think there was less hysteria about the formalities.

Archived