Affordable Maternity Formals

Hi ladies, I havent been around for a bit. Hope everyone is doing well with their cruise addiction. Well we just booked our 9th cruise! Our sons 15th birthday gift. AND I just found out I am very unexpectedly expecting monkey #5!. SOOOO everything I had already packed in my head just went out the window lol. I got rid of all my maternity clothes and need to know if anyone has any advice on where I can get a good deal on a formal. I know I can always count on my cruise sisters!!

Thanks in advance!!

David's Bridal has maternity gowns in a decent price range. They may be listed under bridesmaid but they are not bridesmaid-y unless there are 3 or 4 wearing the same gown sitting together.

I think that's a good idea. Plus, then you could get it in whatever color you wanted.

If you don't mind ordering from China, an ebay store, China-EKT, has maternity wedding dresses, so I would assume they would have other maternity dresses. or just order wedding dress in different color.

Here's the link to their store on EBay

http://stores.ebay.com/China-Ekt

I haven't ordered from them, but have read many favorable comments from those who have on this board.

I got one on ebay when I was PG but it was sort of tent like, so I bought 1 ($$$) just so I could feel hot, LOL We had formal portraits taken in the "hot" outfit (long fishtail skirt with a formal strapless top) and used them for our christmas cards to help justify the expense.

Congratulations on baby number 5. I guess after 4 this should be pretty routine:D . Secondly, I would look around for a resale shop in your area and make some phone calls. They may have some in stock and would let you know the size and the color before you made the trip. Also, Motherhood dot com has some very reasonably prices special occasion dresses. Like this one. They had a really cute red one too. Take a look and enjoy the moment. Best of luck with everything and congratulations again.

3880.jpg

RBM444,

Thanks so much for the great wishes. Actually this is still quite a shock! lol. I saw the red one at motherhood....it is SO cute. My son loved it...and since this is his bday cruise....I'm letting him help pick something.

Thanks so much.

Archived