9-12 y/o kids program sleep over?

mommykim

Hi all,

It's been years since we last sailed Carnival but my son wants to as there used to be a night in the 9-12 year olds kids program where the counselors kept them out to something like 3 or 5 in the morning and then returned them to their cabins. Does anyone know if this still exists and if it does is it on all ships or just the 110 ton ones? Any help greatly appreciated!

Hi all,

It's been years since we last sailed Carnival but my son wants to as there used to be a night in the 9-12 year olds kids program where the counselors kept them out to something like 3 or 5 in the morning and then returned them to their cabins. Does anyone know if this still exists and if it does is it on all ships or just the 110 ton ones? Any help greatly appreciated!

We've had them on Conquest, Legend and Victory within the last year-plus. The counselors bring the kids back to the cabins at 3, so you don't have to go get them. There's also a 1 am party, but you have to go collect them from that one. There's extra charges involved in each. Our 10 YO did the party on Legend on our June cruise, but he skipped it on Victory in September - just a bit too much for him. He's not a great night owl, even when it comes to rooting for the Mets:D .

They did it twice on our Triumph Cruise.... and we let our son do the first one.....He said it was the BEST TIME EVER!

BUT>>> he was a MESS the next day!

Although it is FUN, if you have especially a 9 yr old, ... think about the next day. It took him almost two days to get back to schedule.

Needless to day, he did not do the second day......

We are going again in May, and my now 11 1/2 yr old .... all he keeps talking about is the LATE NIGHT PARTY!! I am sure we will let him do it again, we love punishment!

Catrin

Our son (he was 10) did this last April on the Glory and it was one of the highlights of the week for him. He did sleep in the next day but we got him up around 10 and he was fine - just slept REALLY good the next night! It probably does depend on how your child will handle the schedule change, but our son is already looking forward to doing the late night on the Miracle in 49 days! And our nine year old daughter is also psyched up about it!

Kathy

I think it was around $26 for the late night party. My son said they went around the ship and played games, danced, got pizza and ice cream. Basically they all got to "hang out" together like the teenagers and this was a big deal to him. Promptly at 3 am they brought the kids around and left them at each of their cabins. My son had already been given instructions that when he got back he was to take a quick rinse off and fall into bed, which he did. The next morning we all got up early and had breakfast then checked on him at 10, got him up and he started his day. Most days our kids wanted to sleep in later than my husband and I. We would dress and head on out a bit, taking a walkie talkie with us. If they woke up before we got back, they just called us on the walkie and we arranged to get them or have them head up to meet us somewhere. As long as they had the walkie and were together I didn't worry. We also let our son sign himself out a few days with a friend he had made so they could go play cards, get pizza, etc. He just had strict instructions on keeping us posted where he was at all times. This worked out really well and gave him a small feeling of independence, which was pretty new to him as we tend to keep a pretty tight rein on our kids. He proved himself worthy of the privilege and handled it perfectly.

Kathy

Archived