Conquest Suicide?

jerseygirl3

I've been away for the past week, but saw on another newsgroup that a woman jumped from an upper deck and landed on a cabin balcony below on the Carnival Conquest this past week. Did I miss the posting here on CC? The FBI has ruled it a suicide. It occurred approx. 3 p.m. I believe on the last sea day. If it's already been posted here, I apologize. It's just that I read someone's review of their Conquest sailing this past week and there was no mention of it.

hmmm...i didnt hear about it,sounds aweful tho,was she traveling with family?,it must of really shook up the people who had room where she ended up,wonder if she was suffering from depression,or maybe finacial troubles,in any case its sad:(

hmmm...i didnt hear about it,sounds aweful tho,was she traveling with family?,it must of really shook up the people who had room where she ended up,wonder if she was suffering from depression,or maybe finacial troubles,in any case its sad:(

Yes you missed it. It was posted and discussed. I read several witness accounts on another web site. She jumped from a public area with several people present. One witness was a law enforcment officer on vacation. The lady jumped and landed on a balcony three or four levels below and died from the fall. The husband was also present and was not near her when she jumped. Witnesses stated that she climbed over the rail at the rear of the ship in view of many other people and she jumped. She was not pushed. Unknown why she decided to kill herself.

Hope this helps,

Kevin

Archived