Any "Good" Paella in Barcelona?

Watersports

This is going to be my 2nd time in Barcelona and the first time I was so excited about getting some really good paella, not ok, but exceptional.

All I found was nothing to write home about.

With so many world travelers on here, someone I hope has been there, done that.

Please share.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

An absolute longshot..but here it goes. I was in Barcelona in 1990. I have total recall of two outstanding meals of paella.

The first was on the beach of the Mediterranean Sea for lunch. They served on the beach we actually sat in the sand and ate. I remember the meal as outstanding. Couldn't tell you where it is though. i remember haveing walked a long distance that day though.

The second is restaurant Los Caracoles on Calle Escudellers 14. This place was off a very small alley. I was travelling with some locals (actually Danes who lived in Spain for a bit) but that is another story. I remember consuming lots of wine and got the address off of the label that I saved.

i remember another fabulous meal in a restaurant that had all the walls painted to give the illusion that you were dining underwater.

I hope this helps!

Good luck

Violet

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm sure that there is good paella in Barcelona. But for the best you need to go south a bit. Valencia, Andulusia, Sevilla...where the dish originated and has a long history and a cultural distinction. Valencia is famous for its black paella which is darkened with squid ink. Some say it is the best...I'm still trying to decide.

alas

Archived