Skydiving in NZ

Judyjay

I am looking for information on tandem skydiving in New Zealand. I've checked the internet and found 3 places near the ports one in Aukland, one in Christchurch, and another in Motueka. I really don't want to jump out of a plane strapped to someone that doesn't know what they are doing. Any information on the reputation of these places would be greatly appreciated. Also how far is it from Picton to Motueka? Thanks!!

Judyjay : I leave for New Zealand on Thursday (the 12th) and will be spending just over two weeks there throughout the north and south islands. I do have skydiving planned and have been going back and forth on my decision. It really seems like something I want to cross off of my life's 'to do' list, though, so I think I'll take the jump. We'll be doing ours in Queenstown.

I am looking for information on tandem skydiving in New Zealand. I've checked the internet and found 3 places near the ports one in Aukland, one in Christchurch, and another in Motueka. I really don't want to jump out of a plane strapped to someone that doesn't know what they are doing. Any information on the reputation of these places would be greatly appreciated. Also how far is it from Picton to Motueka? Thanks!!

OK, skydiving, you can try that in our home port of Tauranga, closest to the ship is the airport operator which is 5 minutes by taxi [$15.00] or no doubt the operator will come and collect you. They do hundreds of tandem trips a year so very experienced. I sit and watch then come down through the window in my own hanger [also located at the airport]. Another option is to do the NZONE drop in Rotorua about 50 minutes drive direct from Tauranga.

bigger more glitzy operation but you will pay more.

Drive time from Picton To Motueka is anywhere from 2 to 3 hours depending on traffic [each way].

We can help with more info if you need it. In fact if you need any info on airport based activities we can help.

Regards Ian [Tauranga]

You could always jump off the Sky Tower

at Sky City in Auckland.......

42jywqe.jpg

Thats not a proper sky dive, or even a bungy, just a controlled decent between two guide rails, best to go for the real thing. Regards Ian

Archived