Q's about Champagne Reef

palmtre2

I've read a few posts about the reef but some are conflicting over whether or not you can reach the reef by shore or not. I would like for our group to be able to rent a guided van and add this to our itinerary but I don't want to have to add a boat ride to the plans. What other sites can be seen near the reef area??? or nearby??? or on the way back to Roseau??? I've heard of a popular restaurant near the reef area, I believe its called the Aquarian??? can anybody confirm this???

We went with Reyno Tours in April and did the Champagne Reef from the shore. It is a VERY rocky walk to the Reef, but perhaps if I had worn gym shoes it would have been easier, don't know. But loved the snorkeling there.

Peggy

• 2 weeks later...

Sure wish I did, but DH did not have all of the air out of the digital bag and there is not a clear one in the bunch! Just means I will have to go back again. They had tube coral there, which I had never seen, and I just thought that was so neat.

Peggy

Peggy -

How long did it take you to get down to Champagne Reef? We get in at 7 a.m. and have a Canopy Tour scheduled at 10:30. We thought maybe we could run down to the Reef and get back before 10:30. Do you know how much a taxi would be for this?

Thanks,

Sharon

Sharon - sorry, I don't know the taxi fare to there, as we were on a tour. I was glad we had a pre booked tour, as I found some of the operators there rather intimidating waiting to get tourists - I didn't feel unsafe, it's just that they all stand behind a fence waiting for passengers. I personally don't think there would be enough time to get to the reef, enjoy it, and back to the ship by 10:30. We went with Reyno Tours and it was wonderful, perhaps if you contact one of the operators on the boards here and tell them what you would like to do, they could offer suggestions. I absolutely loved Dominica, what a beautiful place.

Peggy

Archived