Customer service

mmp13

I had a issue with celebrtiy pricing about 10 days ago and I wrote a hard copy letter to Mr Dan Hanrahan because it made me feel better to express my opinion. I assumed my letter would end up in the trash. Today I recieved a call from the office of Mr Hanrahan. Not him of course, but a sympathetic employee who I felt really listened to my issue. Now I was not born yesterday and I don't expect that my issue will be resolved to my satisfaction ( I knew going in that it would not be). But...I really felt that the person I spoke to understood my point of view and valued my opinion. It was nice to get a personal response. :)

funny Roy, Bob keeps telling me the same thing. he doesn't want me to tick them off in any way before we cruise. I just can't believe how quickly I got a response. Can't wait for the cruise to finally get here!

Glad you got a reply, a month ago I wrote to Ms Taaffe VP Marketing (the screens in the Kansas Customer Service were still showing the Infinity in Alaska, when she was in fact in dry dock- Customer Service did not know that!) and I am still waiting for a reply.

There are times when I wonder who is running what at Celebrity, which is a pity as I do like the ships, (I have two more 14 days cruises booked for Dec and April)

Glad you got a reply, a month ago I wrote to Ms Taaffe VP Marketing (the screens in the Kansas Customer Service were still showing the Infinity in Alaska, when she was in fact in dry dock- Customer Service did not know that!) and I am still waiting for a reply.

There are times when I wonder who is running what at Celebrity, which is a pity as I do like the ships, (I have two more 14 days cruises booked for Dec and April)

So why was that an issue for you.

So why was that an issue for you.

If I remember rightly Jimsgirl had a B2B booked on Infinity and 1st week got cancelled when Infinity went into Drydock. I seem to remember she had many problems. There was quite a long discussion on it.

well Roy, Long story short. I was upset about the happy hour pricing for our particular cruise. I know all the arguments pro and con last minute booking . I just wanted the opportunity to express my opinion. I feel like I got it and even got the feeling that some of my points were taken seriously. will it change anything? Probably not but I feel better. I will rethink the way I book cruises in the future. I don't think I will give them my deposit money quite so early! I may as well keep it in my account. Bottom line is I like Celebrity cruises just not all of their policies. Nothing is perfect! I let them know when I like something and I let them know when I don't......Maybe I just have too much time on my hands!:D

We book VERY early to make sure we get the cabin we want. The way I see it if I'm willing to pay that price at booking time, then that's the price. I rarely haggle over prices.....but that''s just me. I will ask for a reduction if I see one, but I don't get upset about it.

Maybe it's just all the looming weddings in the family that are making me more aware of pricing. Notice I did not give up my aft cabin for a lesser priced one and I did have that options so....I'm not going to lose any sleep over it I got a somewhat satisfactory response and at least I know that they do read the letters they recieve. Now I just can't wait to go!!!!

Archived