? for experienced Costa Rica visitors?

terri1020

Rccl's Brilliance of the Seas, Coral princess and many others you might want to go to travelocity or one of the online sources and put in Panama Canal as the destination because mostly those are the cruises that include Costa Rica.

Tell your daughter to have fun. My DD is doing Australia next semester.

Windstar has a cruise that spends 7 days on the west coast of Costa Rica, and includes a stop in Nicaragua. I believe it goes every week starting in December and running through March, starting and ending in Puerto Caldera. We did a similar, but longer cruise with them last year and it was wonderful.

Beth

Oops! Just noticed you were looking for June, so maybe this one won't work for you.

• 3 weeks later...
My daughter will be (hopefully) doing a semester abroad in Costa Rica in June/06. What are the MUST sees?

We were in Costa Rica for 3 weeks in 2000.

We really enjoyed our time at the beach; we went to Playa Hermosa which is in the northwest area called Guanacaste.

It was beautiful at the Tabacon Resort, near the Arenal volcano.

We were at Monteverde for 3 days - the cloudforest is amazing. My calves still hurt from remembering all the up/down walking we did there. If she goes to that area, she should definitely do the Skywalk.

Our time in SanJose was the least relaxing, and we'll skip it when we return to beautiful Costa Rica. Pura Vida!

We were in Costa Rica for 3 weeks in 2000.

We really enjoyed our time at the beach; we went to Playa Hermosa which is in the northwest area called Guanacaste.

It was beautiful at the Tabacon Resort, near the Arenal volcano.

We were at Monteverde for 3 days - the cloudforest is amazing. My calves still hurt from remembering all the up/down walking we did there. If she goes to that area, she should definitely do the Skywalk.

Our time in SanJose was the least relaxing, and we'll skip it when we return to beautiful Costa Rica. Pura Vida!

There are two Playa Hermosa ( which is beautiful beach in Spanish ) in C.R.,the one mentioned above in Guanacaste which I stayed nearby 2 years ago and a even better dark sand beach with the same name just south of Jaco Town / Beach which I visited last Jan. There is a very good zip line operation ( Chiclets Tree Canaopy Tour ) on beach side of the highway at the northern end of Playa Hermosa with great views of this beach from the various platforms. It is near the Hotel Terraza del Pacifico.

Also try to get to Manuel Antonio National park just south of Quepos ( 75 miles south of Jaco). The beach here is absolutely gorgeous ( light colored sand and palm fringed ) and there is a very varied amount of wildlife to be seen hiking the nearby trails. We saw three species of monkeys out of four present in this park, sloths, coati mundis, agoutis and much more when we visited this park. Make sure you get a map of the park ( sold by venders near entrance ) if you do go there.

Archived