Rental formal attire

ko57

Has anyone used the rental formalware Princess offers? I'm thinking about getting one of the blouses and skirts. Are they hanging in your closet when you arrive on board? How is the quality?

Anything I don't have to pack means more room for shopping!

I have not done so personally, but based on the positive answers I have read here to similar questions, I intend to.

From what I understand, yes, the clothes are haning in your closet when you arrive, they are able to do small alterations and the quality is quite good. So longer cruises, when baggage is an issue, I think that this is a great way to go.

I rented a tux and it was waiting for me in the closet when we first boarded. The sizing was perfect and although the shoes were a bit loose, it was better than them being too tight. They provided me with eight shirt button studs and four cuff links. More than enough accessories. The quality was good for a rented tux.

On the last formal night (not the last night of the cruise), I was left a note asking me to leave the tux rental in the closet for pick up by the steward the following day. It was gone by the time I returned that day. It was great not having to bring my own tux and shoes. It saved a lot of space in the luggage - for my wife to use.:p

I have used it 3 times now and have never had a problem. Just make sure you take good measurements, don't go by what you think your wear. And get the shirts with collars a 1/2 inch larger than you measure. Nothing worse than wearing a too tight collar on a hot caribbean night.

The quality is the same as you would get renting one at home. Very good, but not great, it is a rental after all.

I am thinking about buying my own tux shirts (not a big fan of the tipped collar, I prefer a full collar and 100% cotton). You can dress it up with your own studs or a fancy vest and tie.

I personally go for the white dinner jacket. Very classic.

Mike

My experience with renting tuxes is that you get them for the cruise. Last June on Celebrity Millennium (same tux rental company I think for Princess), I got two shirts with the rest of the stuff, for 3 formal nights - oh well. Didn't sweat THAT much :p

So for the price you pay you can wear the rented clothes as many times as you want.

Do you rent these per NIGHT or is this price for both formal nights?

The rental is for the length of the cruise. Mine came with two shirts. Conceivably, you can wear the tux every night to maximize the value your one time rental charge.:eek:

Archived