London Tours

Wer2pats

We will be in London for 4 days pre cruise next May 07 and was trying to decide which tour company to use. We have been there once and had the 4 hour tour but want a little more in depth this time. The second day we would like to go outside the city touring. Any suggestions for tour companys in London?

Pat

We will be in London for 4 days pre cruise next May 07 and was trying to decide which tour company to use. We have been there once and had the 4 hour tour but want a little more in depth this time. The second day we would like to go outside the city touring. Any suggestions for tour companys in London?

Pat

I know this will be moved to the Britain board,and if you do a search there you will find all kinds of info on tours for London..names of companies as well as the Hop/on etc. both for the city and outside touring.If you have never don the HOHO's I would try them...they are really fun,go at your own pace and just enjoy the stops and get back on the bus for the next one when you want.

Google Original London Walks and you can find relatively inexpensive walks and tours within London and out of town.

You need no reservation, just meet outside a Tube station or RR station. We have done many of them over the last 20 years and, except for one time, the guides were interesting and excellent.

Evanevans and golden tours go out to southern England spots for full day tours and will pick up at your hotel. I'm planning on them for tours to Stonehenge and some of the castles for May 2007.. Just google and they have good web sites with prices and lists of hotels that they pick up at. You could always rent a car and go on your own but I will be alone and am not brave enough to drive on the other side of the road.:o

Thanks for all your info. I did not know there was a British message board! I just thought the Europe boards covered all of Europe. I didn't think my comments fit in the British Isles board. Where am I going wrong?

Anyway, folks, thanks for all the info. I will look into the tours.

April, when in May will you be in London? We will be there 16 to 19th May 2007 pre cruise.

Now, someone tell me how to get to the British boards without them having to move me there!

Pat

Thanks for all your info. I did not know there was a British message board! I just thought the Europe boards covered all of Europe. I didn't think my comments fit in the British Isles board. Where am I going wrong?

Anyway, folks, thanks for all the info. I will look into the tours.

April, when in May will you be in London? We will be there 16 to 19th May 2007 pre cruise.

Now, someone tell me how to get to the British boards without them having to move me there!

Pat

You are on it,but here is the link for you to bookmark...

Cruise Critic Message Boards - Britain

Please be aware that for Evans Evans tours, they do pick you up at your hotel in the AM, but at the end you are let off in London in an area "near" your hotel. If you or anyone in your group have any mobility issues this may be a problem. ( this fact is kinda buried in the fine print that most people will not notice and the people selling the tours don't mention it.). Most on our bus were quite upset when they found this out after the fact.

Archived