Options for returning home after a cruise ending in Ensenada

yst347

Hi all, I'm considering booking a cruise from Hawaii ending in Ensenada. As I live in Texas I need to return home. I know I can book the airfare and transfers through the cruiseline, but I was wondering what my other options are?

I searched the boards and found only one thread on transfers from Ensenada to San Diego and very little detail was provided. I would really appreciate hearing from you seasoned cruisers. What are the options?

I assume you are looking at the Galveston to San Diego repo cruise. You can definitely book your own air back to Texas, probably for a whole lot less than the cruise air, but it all depends on where you live. You can still get the cruiseline transfers even if you book your own air.

Hi all, I'm considering booking a cruise from Hawaii ending in Ensenada. As I live in Texas I need to return home. I know I can book the airfare and transfers through the cruiseline, but I was wondering what my other options are?

I searched the boards and found only one thread on transfers from Ensenada to San Diego and very little detail was provided. I would really appreciate hearing from you seasoned cruisers. What are the options?

yst347: Most of the reason you won't see many details about the transfers, is because this subject has been discussed in great detail in prior threads. I live in San Diego and can say that the BEST option for you to return to San Diego from Ensenada, is via RCCL transfers. Although Mexico/BAJA is very safe, traveling from Ensenada to San Diego is almost impossible via private hire cars/vans/buses. You'll be getting off the ship very early, so be prepared! If you need further info, I'd be glad to help. Just email me at the link provided below my name.

Definitely take the ship's transfers to San Diego. I believe some buses also go to LA. It is a rather painful last day of vacation for some, but cruising Hawaii is well worth it! Early ship departure in Ensenada, in our experience means being in whatever lounge you are told to wait in by about 6AM in the morning! It was not even daylight yet in Ensenada on the two times we have disembarked there in October! It's a wonderful cruise. Enjoy.

Archived