Jewel Owner's Suite AA

flyingpirate

Hi Kids -

Shoreguy seems absent for the last couple of days, so I hope someone else may be able to answer......

Do the owner's suites on the Jewel have real doors between the bedroom and the living room?

The Star and the Dawn have wood and glass sliding (and locking) doors with a heavy drape behind for total privacy and quiet. I was dismayed that the AA on the Pride of Hawaii had only drapes, no doors.

I called the VP of newbuilds, who informed me that the Pearl and the Gem would also have no doors, just drapes. And that makes the suite just about unusable, if one person wants to watch TV in the other room or stay up late, etc. It defeats the purpose of the apartment.

So, I ask because I would like to book the Jewel, but only if there are doors.

Thanks in advance

Hi Kids -

Shoreguy seems absent for the last couple of days, so I hope someone else may be able to answer......

Do the owner's suites on the Jewel have real doors between the bedroom and the living room?

The Star and the Dawn have wood and glass sliding (and locking) doors with a heavy drape behind for total privacy and quiet. I was dismayed that the AA on the Pride of Hawaii had only drapes, no doors.

I called the VP of newbuilds, who informed me that the Pearl and the Gem would also have no doors, just drapes. And that makes the suite just about unusable, if one person wants to watch TV in the other room or stay up late, etc. It defeats the purpose of the apartment.

So, I ask because I would like to book the Jewel, but only if there are doors.

Thanks in advance

Here's a pic of the curtain (this is taken from the foot of the bed, aimed toward the living room)

Hoping this pic attachment works!

1400091652_CopyofAreYOUlookingatME.JPG.23880a59c00f573bf421ada4fd3b6c24.JPG

sjbdtz,

Shucks, and we thought we were special...... same towel person as ours when we were on the Jewel 9/15-9/27.

Flyingpirate, its true no door, just a curtain. The Sun OS also has a door (and your own private jacuzzi on the balcony, also no one can see on your balcony from above or the side). I want to be back on the Sun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regardless, we really enjoyed the OS on the Jewel and there's an option, the Jewel has a TV over the bathtub.

I think you still would enjoy the suite.

I will be in the OS suite next week and will be able to provide a detailed report when I get back. However, I do not believe there is a door as Sjbdtz indicated.

I was given this picture by another CC member (MarkAndrew).

Umm....I showed there was a curtain, NOT a door.

And ironically, I took that pic in MarkAndrew's cabin when he was entertaining a CC group.

Here's a pic of the curtain (this is taken from the foot of the bed, aimed toward the living room)

Hoping this pic attachment works!

Those look like my shoes attached to that towel "person".

There was no door on our deck 9 AA. I will be in a deck 10 AA on the Jewel in a few weeks and will check it out for you. The link below, (that I stole off a photo website) does not show a door on cabin 10504.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2401995660088843517SkhvEy

I would have to say that with the exception of closet space we found 9504 to be a perfect cabin! Closet space would have been fine for 7 days but was tight for 12.

There was no door on our deck 9 AA. I will be in a deck 10 AA on the Jewel in a few weeks and will check it out for you. The link below, (that I stole off a photo website) does not show a door on cabin 10504.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2401995660088843517SkhvEy

I would have to say that with the exception of closet space we found 9504 to be a perfect cabin! Closet space would have been fine for 7 days but was tight for 12.

Do my eyes decieve me or is the bed shown in the pictures of a Jewel Owner's Suite on this WebShots page a contour bed? It looks like it is in a back up/knees up position.

Rats!

I was so hoping for doors! Maybe we'll just have to take the adjoining balcony....

10504 will have a larger closet as well as a larger bedroom and a nice dining alcove. We prefer ten to nine, although we have 9506 for our Easter on the Dawn.( with doors :D)

One of my favorite things to do is lie in the bath with the TV tuned to the bow cam as we leave port, aaahhhh.

Loks like piles of pillows, not Craftmatic..ha ha, like NCL would.....

Archived