Costa Rica vs Panama

lojay

I have been looking at excursions for our trip on the Constellation 1/29/07 and cannot decide between the tram rides in either port. Anyone have any thoughts?

Also are there some excursions in either of these ports that a "must do"?

I sure need some help deciding........:)

I had been all excited about doing one of these a couple of years ago. My main interest in doing it was to see some of the animals in the rain forrest. I researched it over on the Ports of Call board and I am very glad I did. The general theme was that if you wanted an aerial ride it was good, but you were not going to see anything but the tops of trees. When the tram comes through, I guess, all the animals take a hike.

I was glad I had looked over there and saved my $100+ dollars as I would have been very disappointed. One comment I remember was, 'saw more of the rainforest and more animals on the bus ride over'.

Go over there (Ports of Call) and see what is current. This was a year or so ago and I guess it could have changed. Don't mean to be a downer but hate for you to be disappointed, if like me, you were expecting to see the animals.

The other poster is correct; we did the "Gamboa Aerial Tram" in Panama, and saw lots of tree tops but not many critters. Generally speaking I wasn't that impressed with Panama, lots of jungle, lots of poverty all in all, there's not much to see in Panama. I would like to experience a transit of the canal someday, but I certainly wouldn't bother to get off the ship.

On the same cruise, we did the "Tortugero Canals" in Costa Rica which was a boat ride and saw non-stop wild life for the entire 4 hours we were out. It was a very nice experience. We took tons of pictures, all in all it was an enjoyable experience.

We took the same shor trip with HAL. Very pretty but not much in the way of animals seen on the tram. Even the little noise it makes scares away a lot of them. If you can do the climb at the tower the view is magnificent!

This came off the ports of call boards. Sorry you are confused!

Archived