QM2 Babysitting.

thevern2006

My daughter will be 2 weeks shy of one year when we sail December 16th on QM2. I know the nursery does not allow children unattended unless they are one year old. I also know there is no official inroom babysitting service offered. Can anyone offer any experiences as to whether inroom babysitting can still be arranged and how, and whether the nannies in the nursery will allow parents of an 11 and a half month old to leave the child to have dinner and a drink together. Do they ask to see the child's passport? Surely there must be a way to bend Cunard's rules, even for a short while. First hand tales welcome.

Can anyone offer any experiences as to whether inroom babysitting can still be arranged and how

On the last night of our cruise the play zone was closed for cleaning. We asked if any one was available for inroom sitting, we offered to pay. But we were told that this could not be done in any circumstances.

Do they ask to see the child's passport?

You will have to provide the passport when boarding, so there is no way around this. The Play Zone will be provided a list of children on the ship.

Think about the legality of your question

-Can Cunard "bend" the rules- of course not! If something were to happen because Cunard or any cruise line for that matter "bent" the rules what do you think would happen?

I'm sorry but I don't think you will have any luck in this matter

11 and a half month old

I do not want to scare you but it might be better to make you aware now if you have not already checked:

Cunard clearly states in their brochure their longstanding rule: "Cunard cannot accept any child under the age of 1 as a guest."

Do you have confimation that you daugther will be allowed on board?

If so, has this rule been changed for everybody? (I know of people who changed their plans due to this rule and would certainly be happy if it had been changed.)

Archived