Self Disembarkation

nickyaddis

Hi,

I will be disembarking the QM2 in November at Southampton. Can anyone tell me if I use self disembarkation can I leave at any time? I did self disembarkation in 2004 and presumed I could get off at anytime, but when we arrived at the exit at 8 o'clock the man checked his watch and said we had just made it. Has anyone had any recent experience?

Also we have wheels on our cases but do we have to carry them down any stairs or is it a ramp to get off?

Hope someone can help.

Hi,

I will be disembarking the QM2 in November at Southampton. Can anyone tell me if I use self disembarkation can I leave at any time? I did self disembarkation in 2004 and presumed I could get off at anytime, but when we arrived at the exit at 8 o'clock the man checked his watch and said we had just made it. Has anyone had any recent experience?

Also we have wheels on our cases but do we have to carry them down any stairs or is it a ramp to get off?

Hope someone can help.

We self disembarked at Southampton on 23rd August 2006.

Ship docked at 8.00am, we had to assemble in Queens Room and were called at about 9.00 There was quite a slow moving queue to get off ship and having disembarked a long queue for one lift down. Not helped by one of the escalators breaking down.

It took an hour to get through.

I did wonder if it was worth it.

Regards

Chris and Pam

I think self disembarkation is a good option if you are not in a hurry to get off and want to avoid queues, we have a few coffees on the back deck and wait until the announcements finish, you can just stroll off then, we take rolling cases and there is nowhere where you have to lift them.

Archived