Eastern Cruising on the Crown in July

KAWS

I read on some other threads about the hurricane season and how it COULD affect whether or not you sail. We're scheduled to sail mid July on the Crown to the eastern caribbean. Is this something I should be concerned about or is this early enough in the "season" that we'll be alright?

Thanks.

Kim

I read on some other threads about the hurricane season and how it COULD affect whether or not you sail. We're scheduled to sail mid July on the Crown to the eastern caribbean. Is this something I should be concerned about or is this early enough in the "season" that we'll be alright?

Thanks.

Kim

Hurricane season runs from June to November. I belileve that August thru October are the worst months. We have cruised every summer for the past 10 years and never had any problems. I admit we have been lucky. We followed Katrina into Florida last year - it was one day ahead of us and was only a Category 1 at that time. Port Everglades was closed for a few hours and we were about 2 hours late docking. I would definitely recommend Travel Insurance, arrive at embarkation port one day early and book later flights home.

I would definitely recommend Travel Insurance, arrive at embarkation port one day early and book later flights home.

Lovely. We haven't bought travel insurance, will fly in from Buffalo to NY on the day OF the cruise and home is around 2 pm.

Oh - and our other cruise that we're taking next year is in March so I hope we're ok then too. Batting 1000 I'd say!

Does anyone know if I can still get travel insurance when I opted NOT to get it in the first place? Can I wait and request it from the TA when final payment is due?

Kim

We've been very lucky. The only weather we've ever had during hurricane season are (brief) late afternoon thunderstorms as we're flying in to Fort Lauderdale the day before cruises, and the same thing the next day at sailaway. This seems to be a common pattern during the summer in the southeast. Ft. Lauderdale is the only place we've had any rain in several Caribbean cruises during hurricane season.

Does anyone know if I can still get travel insurance when I opted NOT to get it in the first place? Kim

You don't need to get the insurance when you book the cruise, but there is a deadline for applying for it... not quite sure how close to sailing date that is.

Archived