Help!

Nancyk529

This is my first time cruising and flying! I want to bring a 12 pack of soda on the cruise. Can I pack it (we will be flying from the Midwest), or do I need to purchase it in Miami? Also, can you book excursions before the cruise? I am really getting worried about this trip. I have yet to find someone out here on the boards that will be on Carnival's Fascination Aug. 2-6. I know we are not the only ones traveling on that cruise. Thanks for all of you help!

For me, I can't fathom bringing a 12-pack of anything in my luggage. It's all I can do to fit the clothes I need! Perhaps you should consider buying a "soda card" when you arrive??

Happy Sailing!!!

Romy

If your question is, are you permitted to bring a six pack of soda in your luggage, the answer is yes...if you have the space and you don't exceed your airline's weight limit for luggage.

Yes, you can buy the 12 pack in a local store just before boarding if you wish, or even at ports of call along the way, and bring it on board.

On board the soda card provides unlimited fountain sodas but not canned sodas.

As for fellow passengers on your cruise on Fascination, click HERE for the Cruise Critic Roll Call thread for your 8/2 cruise.

I would not want soda cans bursting in my luggage nor would I want the weight allowance going to soda. Make a stop at a convenience store before boarding so you won't have to haul the extra weight in your carry on, either.

Thanks. I never thought about the weight limit on a plane--not really familiar with flying. I found other Fascination cruisers--thanks! Any other helpful hints about flying would be greatly appreciated.

The weight and size restrictions for luggage on airlines is very strict. You are allowed 2 pieces of luggage that weigh no more than 50lbs each. The size of the bags cannot total more than 62" when you add the height, length and width of the bags. You are allowed one carry on besides your handbag or briefcase or camera bag. If you go over on either weight or luggage size, the charges can really add up with some lines charging as much as $80 extra.

Soda is readily available on board the ships, so you really don't need to bring a 12 pack of anything. A soda card saves lots of money if you are a big soda drinker.

Carnival doesn't allow you to pre-book shore excursions.

Any other helpful hints about flying would be greatly appreciated.

Nancy, you can get all the info you need from the Transportation Security Administration: TSA Website. Lots of important reading there so you won't have any nasty surprises at the gate!

According to the TSA website you can take nail clippers and tweezers on both carryon and checked luggage. Use the link shelli gives above, choose the travelers option, and there is a lot of info including a list of all prohibited and permitted articles :).

Archived