Advice please re Alaska Cruise 2008

englishmum

I would like to do a 14 day cruise to Alaska in 2008,including a land tour,so please could someone advise me when these will be available to book.I will be onboard the Infinity in January and was wondering if this would be a good time to book thus getting the onboard credit.I have been searching Celebrity and RCL on line but cannot find any cruises for Alaska for 2008.

For all the experts out there what would be the ultimate Alaska holiday? I don't mind when I go or what ship I sail on,so all your suggestions will be much appreciated.As I am from the UK I would also want to stay a few days pre and post cruise.

Honestly, you can't miss with an Alaskan cruise. I have been on 4. None on Celebrity but I love Celebrity ships and would highly recommend the M class ships because of all the glass for viewing scenery.

I would also recommend that you get a balcony stateroom on the starboard side if heading North from Vancouver.

I recommend going in early June- before the school kids get out and the prices are cheaper. Weather is lovely and dry and you will see sea otters and whales migrating north.

As for pre sailing- I recommend spending at least two nights in Vancouver if flying in from the UK and then making your way to Fairbanks by train at the end of the trip. That was my favorite place in Alaska. There are about 22 hours of daylight and the flowers are the size of cabbages. There is a great (touristy) ride thru a old gold mine and at the end you pan for gold. Really fun. Fairbanks is rural Alaska at its friendliest.

Have a great time in Alaska.

I would like to do a 14 day cruise to Alaska in 2008,including a land tour,so please could someone advise me when these will be available to book.I will be onboard the Infinity in January and was wondering if this would be a good time to book thus getting the onboard credit.I have been searching Celebrity and RCL on line but cannot find any cruises for Alaska for 2008.

For all the experts out there what would be the ultimate Alaska holiday? I don't mind when I go or what ship I sail on,so all your suggestions will be much appreciated.As I am from the UK I would also want to stay a few days pre and post cruise.

2007 Alaska cruise itins were not available until April 2006. I'm assuming that it will be the same time frame for 2008. You could book another 7 night cruise while on Infinity to get the onboard credit and then just switch the ressie once the Alaska itins come out.

Hope that helps!

:D Good evening,

1/ Book a cruise while on board, ANY cruise !! August '07, December '07,, whatever..That way, you'll get a file started with all the goodies that accompany such onboard bookings.

2/ The minute you're back home, have that booking transferred to your Travel agent ( if you have one).

3/ The minute the Alaska '08 program is opened for booking ( mid-late winter '07), get your T.A. to select the precise sailing you want, and handpick the precise location you're aiming for,and modify the current booking with this new itinerary. Your deposit remains the same, and your goodies are preserved.

4/ Book a ''cruise tour '' that adds up to your objectives of 14 days in total.

5/ then, RELAX and let your T.A. watch the file for price reductions from time to time, until final payout, 70 days prior to sailing. Your price will NOT go up. And you'll find that the initial pricing is VERY often the lowest ever seen during the life of that sailing.

I suggest you do land//cruise as opposed to cruise//land. The land portion is tiring...this will make you enjoy the relaxation of a cruise even more.

GTS SUMMIT does the full Alaska sailings;; great ship; sister to INFINITY.

You have a great plan !!! Best of luck in seeing it to fruition. You're smart to anticipate all the right moves to make it better.

Happy sailings

You'll enjoy INFINITY.

Cheers

Claude G

;)

Amen to the Vancouver to Fairbanks cruise/tour proposed by Rebecca???. We did a thirteen day cruisetour on this itinery cruising on the Summit in 2005 and it was great. Plan to get to Vancouver a couple of days ahead of time to adjust to the time change. You have to adjust to the time change so you aren't seeking a nap while sailing the inside passage or watching a glacier calve. If you book a combination cruise/tour, you will see Mt. McKinley, Denali National Forest and a few Alaskan cities. If you finish your cruisetour with two nights in Fairbanks, I would suggest flying back home without any additional time in Alaska. You will be ready to go home. Schedule a day at home before returning to work to allow for the time change.

As a final note, please bring lots of cash. We need spending in the USA and Canada. :)

Les

Archived