New years cruise

Avril

I'm going on the 12/26/2006 sailing of the Legend. Never been on a cruise over New Years. Can anyone tell me what it's like, what to expect,etc? Do they have a big party on deck? Is it a fromal night (my favorite nights on a cruise)? Anyone with a review and/or pictures of their New Years cruise would be helpful. I can't wait!!!!:D

We were on the Victory last New Year's eve and it was a lot of fun. At dinner we received hats, horns, noise makers, etc. It was really noisy in the dining room. They also had a special menu that night, although I really don't remember what I had.

They put a big screen out on the Lido Deck and we were able to watch Times Square. They handed out champagne and earlier in the week they were selling wine and champagne if you wanted to reserve for New Years. After midnight they had a big midnight buffet (very pretty looking) but the food seemed weird. It really didn't matter because we had late seating and we really couldn't eat anyway-we just looked.

My only negative was that there were a lot of teenagers and a lot of them were drunk. They seemed to be able to get that champagne that we weren't.

We had a great time and but that was the last night of the cruise so we had to get up early.

This New Year's we are actually back on the Victory (Western route this time) and the cruise leaves that day, so we will get to have New Years Day on board.

Have a great trip!!!!:o

I'm going on the 12/26/2006 sailing of the Legend. Never been on a cruise over New Years. Can anyone tell me what it's like, what to expect,etc? Do they have a big party on deck? Is it a fromal night (my favorite nights on a cruise)? Anyone with a review and/or pictures of their New Years cruise would be helpful. I can't wait!!!!:D

Im on that ship as well. I CANT WAIT. I haven't gone anywhere for New Years in a long time. there are 20 family members going. The best ting is I don't have to worry about driving home, and 2 sea days to recover.

Archived