Just have to get MORE opionions!!

Hey I've posted this question before, but I would love to hear from more of you on this..

Im getting married in a Chapel in Charleston SC and then boarding the ship with my guests afterwards. We are having a small Brunch reception afterwards at a nice restaurant and then going to board. Should I wear my wedding gown to board the ship?

I havent been on a cruise in 8 yrs, and I cant totally remember how boarding goes.

My gown is White, and pretty big and georgeous!! I absolutley love it!! I just cant tell if it would be "cheesy" to wear it to board the ship!!

I just cant decide!! Anyone who has been on a cruise lately, is it terribly cheesy to wear my gown onto the ship?

I got some positive responses before w/women telling me to GO FOR IT!! and I want to...but I just thought I would put it "out there" into the universe once more to see what comes back!!

TIA;)

I say wear it!

I do not know how smoothly the boarding process is in Charleston. You could wind up standing in a boarding line for awhile and you'll be in heavy traffic areas which means dirty floors. Those are the only downsides I can think of. As long as those things won't bother you then by all means wear your beautiful dress. It's your special day and I think you should make the most of it.:)

Best wishes to you!

I also would say go for it! I'd try to time it, though, to where you're not there before or right when boarding ends so that you're not standing around in your gown. Later on (and people from previous sailings of this itinerary can help you with this) there should be a quick breeze to check in and get on board. Then you could go straight to a lounge or something with your guests and have your own sail-away toast.

Best Wishes!

If you are going straight to the ship - and the weather permits - I believe I would wear it.

We are getting married next month in Key West while aboard a ship and then having a brunch afterwards. I will wear my dress back onboard as it is convenient and fun as well!

I have decided not to wear it that night for formal night which is what I originally considered doing.

Yep I say GO FOR IT. It is your wedding day!!!! And you only get to wear that bad boy once and you only get to have this day once...so make the most of it. If you are comfortable in - wear it!

I agree with the above poster on potential cons...heavy traffic, dirty floors, crowds, etc...but I sill say go for it!!

Just got back from my wedding aboard the Carnival Legend and I had decided to wear my gown ALL day as soon as it was purchased. I DID! AND IM SO GLAD I DID.:D

We got so many compliments and good wishes. Quite frankly I enjoyed every bit of it. And throughout the entire cruise many people remembered who we were and continued to compliment and give us their blessings. The attention was wonderful.

It's your day, so wear it and WEAR IT WELL.

Congrats & Enjoy ;)

New Mrs.

wearing the dress will bring you much positive attention and genuine smiles. a bride in her dress transcends celebrity status. you don't see one every day so people oogle at a glimpse of bride in her glamorous state. enjoy the red carpet star treatment. :)

Archived