Looking for 411 on NOLA airport from port

miketeri

I need the information as to how to best get from cruiseport to the airport.

Yes there are cabs, but perhaps there are shuttles,etc that may be much more affordable. Not sure how much of NOLA we can see traveling to the airport, but would not mind seeing some of NO along the way.

Any advice or information would be appreciated. thank you:)

Hi Mike,

Last I knew, and this was a couple of years ago, the city had either worked out a deal or forced the cab companies, to charge a flat rate coming or going to the airport from downtown. There are also the blue and yellow vans with "Airport Shuttle" written on them that will get you there for I think 15 or 20 $'s.

Unfortunately, you probably won't see much of the city at street level, because from the cruise port to the airport is mostly the elevated expressway of I-10. It's about a 20 to 35 minute ride. So, I would suggest going with a cabby, have him drive you around the French Quarter and pay that fee. Then pay the flat rate to the airport.

Hope this helps.

To or from the airport to the cruise is $28 for 2 people and extra for more people or extra luggage. I am leaving out of New Orleans 10/15 and I am renting a car from Budget at the airport and returning it to their location on Canal. THey will drive you to the cruise ship or pick you up. The rate for compact is $33.35 a day. ou could have them pick you up at the cruise ship and leave the car at the airport.

There is a Hertz location at the Convention Center and and Avis on Canal. You could check prices for a one way rental to the airport. Especially if you want to drive around exploring. You could walk to the Hertz location but may want to drive back to pick up your luggage. You'd want to verify Avis will still pick you up at the port.

• 4 weeks later...

One would think that there would be updated fares from the cruiseport to the airport. Looking at everything is not well organized for visitors, it looks more like a crap shoot outside of cabs. This information is a big help post Katrina

thank you,

Joesixpack

Archived