Veendam-11/04 Scuba Anyone?

TobyToo

I am planning to dive during our upcoming Veendam visit to Grand Cayman on Nov 6/06. Since my wife does not dive I would like to find a 'buddy' dive partner in advance that may have similar skills and a strong sense of safe diving practices. I don't take risks in the water.

Are there any other divers out there that are sailing on the 11/04 cruise from Tampa aboard the Veendam?

TobyToo.

I am planning to dive during our upcoming Veendam visit to Grand Cayman on Nov 6/06. Since my wife does not dive I would like to find a 'buddy' dive partner in advance that may have similar skills and a strong sense of safe diving practices. I don't take risks in the water.

Even if you can't find dive buddies at your level of experience, I wouldn't worry much about it. Believe me, these dive operators at the islands know that many people they take out are on vacation and don't necessarily have dive buddies available as they would at home. They will have a couple of dive masters on the boat, and usually one will take a couple of the relative "newbies" (like myself) and the other will take a group of the more experienced divers down.

I only have my four open water dives (done in St. Thomas and St. Maarten while on a Princess cruise) and two additional dives done in Bora Bora while on a cruise this past January. I was taken very good care of by the folks at Top Dive and never felt in the slightest bit at risk due to my inexperience. I am sure you will have no trouble enjoying some great dives as well ... even if you don't have a buddy on this cruise to share them with.

Blue skies ...

--rita

We have a roll call going for this cruise. Please join us - I don't know how to put the link in here (sorry). However, we're over on the roll Call board.

There may be someone on the rollcall that would be interested in going with you.

Thanks, Karin for putting the link in for me.

I was still trying to figure out how :)

BTW, how is Emily and the rest of your family doing. I continue to think of you all and send up a prayer.

Thanks, Hugger, for thinking of Emily. She will be having the second of several skin graft surgeries on her leg very soon, either the end of this week or beginning of the next. She is still in pain, and will need much rehabilitation on her leg. Doctors say there's a 70% chance her leg will continue to grow, so those are good odds (her femur was broken at the growth plate). There are many relatives taking turns to help out the family. Thanks for the continued prayers.

Karin

Thank you Karin for the update on Emily.

I can't tell you how often through my day I think of you and your family. I'm relieved to hear that recovery is moving in the right direction.

THANK GOD

take care of each other

• 2 weeks later...

Archived