Formal night

liv4dalord

hello,

You will look greatin your grey suit. A suggestion...for the second formal night take a different tie so that there is a contrast with the first formal night. And remember, the idea is to look nice and reasonably dressed up.

On our last cruise (been on 15 and the 16th coming up next week) I saw a man dressed for formal night in an all white linen suit, with a really nice red and black tie. I also saw a man dressed in a beige suit that really was outstanding in terms of taste and class.

About grey suits....not long ago at the Annual Shareholders Meeting of one of America's largest utilities the President and CEO who had engineered a spectacular turnaround of a company on the verge of bankruptcy, appeared in a very nice grey suit when everyone else was in blue including all of the board of directors.

Hope that you have a great cruise.

Live4dalord,

i have been on 6 cruises, listen to everyones experiences, and dont even doubt yourself here, yes, the gray suit is perfect, and wearing the formal 2 nights is just fine...the only person that will know is you, and too, the funny thing about it is, they will be doing the same thing you are!!! ha ha ha!!! and you wont know either!! I like this saying, take half the clothes, and twice the money.

you will have a "great" time!! :) enjoy!!

Liv - The gray suit will be just fine. Changing the tie for the second formal night would be a good idea. Your formal dress will be fine for both nights, but on most cruiseships the second formal night isn't usually quite as dressy as the first. A cocktail dress or evening pant suit would also be appropriate. You will most likely see ladies in nice 'church dresses', as well. Enjoy!:)

We're cruising soon on Carnival with a group. The guys have decided to go with suits instead of formal.

My DH is bringing a gray suit with two shirts, one black and one mini-ckecked white, with a tie that matches both shirts. Also, a pair of black slacks and black silk tee shirt that he wears with the gray suit coat. OMG he looks great. But that's just IMHO.

Archived