Thanksgiving Day on QE2

Anteeta

We'll be aboard QE2 on Thanksgiving Day this year and it's an at sea day. Does anyone know if there's likely to be a special dinner or other celebrations please? We're Brits and it would be wonderful to experience this special day in the same manner as our cross the pond compatriots.icon7.gif

We're Brits and it would be wonderful to experience this special day in the same manner as our cross the pond compatriots.icon7.gif

Technically, the Canadians are your compatriots on this side of the pond because you share the same Head of State. And our dear neighbors to the Great White North, being agriculturally correct to a fault, have already celebrated the second Monday in October as Thanksgiving. You don't want their leftovers on the fourth Thursday in November.

We Americans your "special relationshippers" rather than "compatriots" and since we have a plethora of turkeys at the moment (mostly in government) you must insist that the QE2 provide you with a grand bird and all the trimmings on the correct day.

Bon appetit,

Paul

We'll be aboard QE2 on Thanksgiving Day this year and it's an at sea day. Does anyone know if there's likely to be a special dinner or other celebrations please? We're Brits and it would be wonderful to experience this special day in the same manner as our cross the pond compatriots.icon7.gif

You can bet that Cunard will do everything they can to keep those Yanks buttered up:D

Yes, as a Canadian I would like to announce we just had our Thanksgiving - this past Monday. However, the American Thanksgiving is the one most outside of North America are familiar with.

I already had my turkey dinner and it was delicious too!

Isn't this sailing from Southampton? If so would there be lots of Americans onboard? It sounds more like a cruise to the US and the Caribbean for Brits rather than a localized cruise. I think these factors may also determine whether or not a Thanksgiving dinner would be held on board. So I am not sure of the answer to that one.

David

Archived