Dover, England B&B Information

TT

Back from a TA cruise on the Connie and I always receive great info from this board now it's my turn to give some back. If your looking to save some money and love B&B's here are two that I recommend. We were traveling with 4 others and used 2 B&B's in Dover.

DH and I stayed at Number One Guest House in Dover. Our experience was great. Margaret the owner and her family were very nice. The home is clean and they treat you like family. We came in exhausted from our flight then a 1 1/2 hour drive from Gatwick airport to Dover. Margaret welcomed us and let us keep our large suite cases in her sitting area which does lock. The bedrooms are in the basement area but, are very lovely. They have different size rooms and amount of beds for families to stay together. The matress was just right and very fluffy pillows. ( Better than what we first received on the Constellation) We mostly loved her big, very soft towels and the lace all in the room. Just comfy! The room also has a table which Margaret will serve you breakfast of your choosing on the next morning at your requested time. Our room was on the street but only heard noise 1 time from a police vehicle and that is when we were awake. There is a shower stall and sink in the bathroom and best of all a hair dryer. There is a basket of different tea's and a pot that heats the water. We noticed books, a box with needle, thread and buttons. just in case box I call it. You will receive a key to the back door which leads you into her garden area (which you can sit and relax) and a key that leads you out to the street. We felt safe and had great views of the Dover Castle.

Margaret gave us some directions on where to go and also discount coupons for the area. We walked the streets and went to see the ships thats where in and how close we were to the cruise terminal. Just a 5 mintue drive. We stopped at a great waterfront resturant for a few drinks and just enjoyed the sites.

Our other 2 couples stayed at Penny Farthing Guest House. They loved their great size rooms and in this guest house they have a dining room which breakfast was served. The rooms here are upstairs and both said their rooms were clean, great beds and pillows. They also had great views of the Dover Castle and are only about 2 blocks from the other guest house. Our friends also walked around and went up to the Castle(watch your times they close at 4:30) and even though they enjoyed it they thught it was much on the same day you fly in to visit. There is quite an incline so unless your used to really walking alot or a jogger save it for the next day. The breakfast was very good and filling they said. Our friends all said they would stay their again and I personally did get to meet Mrs. McPhearson who was very sweet.

If anyone wants to check out B&B's in Dover try http://www.stayindover.co.uk

I hope this helps all who travel to Dover,

TT (Toma)

Archived