Where To Keep Valuables

patnjohn

while you are on Labadee & riding a jet ski, etc. Are there lockers to put your camera's etc in?? I posted on the ports of call board, but no response. I know a lot of you great people have been to Labadee & can tell me. Thanks in advance. We will be leaving on 11/7.

We don't bother taking anything with us that cannot be stolen and replaced.

For camera... we leave the digital on board the ship and take a cheap disposable. For money... we take only what can be stolen.

I've read numerous stories about lockers/safes being broken into. I don't even bother anymore.

Jewelry, cameras, passports, credit cards, cash, etc. whatever I carry is now considered disposable. I consider any of this stuff as a minor inconvenience to replace. It's an attitude. For the passports and credit cards, we carry numerous photocopies and stuff them in various places.

I leave the expensive camera equipment in the safe in the cabin. I would never trust leaving it anywhere on shore. Since Labadee is a private island you really don't need to bring too much with you other than your cabin key. We bring a few dollars to tip the guy that brings us a chair and maybe some more cash if you were planning on souvenir shopping. Otherwise, leave anything valuable on the ship. In other places where I do bring ID, cash, credit cards, etc., I use a waterproof belt bag. I put everything inside and I wear the bag in the water while swimming.

Archived