Serenade Aft Cabin - Alaska

Sorry if this is a double post - but I can't find my last one --

I'm currently on Navigator and pre-booked a 2007 Alaska cruise on Serenade - can someone enlighten me about cabin 9258 - aft D1 - I know it's a long way from the elevator - but is the aft cabin with bigger balcony for the Alaska cruise a wise choice? Any input appreciated.

...pre-booked a 2007 Alaska cruise on Serenade - can someone enlighten me about cabin 9258 - aft D1 - I know it's a long way from the elevator - but is the aft cabin with bigger balcony for the Alaska cruise a wise choice?
Uh, yeah babee! IMO, nothing better than aft, especially for an Alaskan cruise. But then check out my sig, I may be a wee bit biased. :p ;)

Unless you or anyone in your group has mobility issues, it is NOT that far from the elevator. Good for burning off all those calories! ;) And the size of and view from the balcony more than make up for the walk. :cool:

I had aft cabin 1104, a D1, on the Serenade this past June in Alaska. I loved, loved, loved it.

Your photos were amazing. They made me want to go to Alaska, and I've never had the desire to go there! Can you tell me what camera you used to capture such great shots?

Thanks!

Laura

...have to agree w/Aprille!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
EILEEN!!! Where have you been, girlfriend?! I haven't seen you on the boards since our cruise.

Please email me at amagilltx at aol dot com. I'm dying to hear how the land portion of your cruisetour went. I heard all the train bridges were back up by the time we got off the ship. Hope you enjoyed it as much as we did ours the year before.

Sure hope you come back to this thread and see this post since I don't know how to reach you otherwise.

And, to keep this thread on topic :p, aft is the way to go no matter the destination. IMHO. YMMV. :cool:

Aprille,

Been out of touch...we have moved to Florida...a tough move but we are really near the ports!:D

Dying to hear how you liked 1100??? Haven't been on the boards..you may have posted a review. We are in Brilliance 1100 for the November 20 Panama Canal cruise....a much needed rest from a crazy summer (sold two houses, bought one in Florida...son got married in huge wedding...bought a house that we refurbed and painted...all since May...yikes!)

I'm OT so I will shut up...except to say that for an Alaska cruise...aft is the only way to go. Hoping it also true for the Panama Canal.

Deb

DEB!!! It's like old home week on this thread. :D

Do you still have the same email address? If not, shoot me an email at the address I provided in my previous post. I'm about to run out the door but if I don't hear from you I will email you at the address I have later this weekend.

BTW, we loved, loved, LOVED 1100 on Radiance! :cool: You didn't doubt we would, did ya?! :p ;)

Archived