renewal vows ceremony

boone2

My husband, son and daughter are booked on our 6th Princess cruise, the Emerald, doing Venice to Rome and the Greek Isles next year. I was wondering if anybody has taken the vows renewal package on Princess and how it works. It is our 35th and would like it to be a family affair including our son 22 and daughter 15. Is it worth it and how special is it? Thanks for any comments

Terry

I just inquired about that since I was curious. Its done with everyone on the ship that wants to do it.. It is not a private ceremony. (but how many people onboard your week will have this done?? I kinda figure not many.

We did the renewal of vows for our 35th anniversary. Although the website says the ceremony is not private that is at the discretion of the captain. We were on the CB and Captain Romano did all the ceremonies separately. They were on the formal nights. It is the most romantic thing we have done. I had encephalitis several years ago and lost all my long term memory so I have no memory of our original wedding although I have of course looked at the photos. This time I do remember and part of what he said had to do with the years that have passed and the challenges that you have met. It was altogether outstanding. We bought the less expensive package. The orchid bouquet and rose boutonierre (sp) were lovely. We also had a photo and were given a bottle of champagne. Our daughter, son-in-law and grandchildren attended. Our granddaughter wore the dress that my mother had made for my flower girl at the original wedding. Our grandson had an "eternity ring" hidden in his pocket that my husband had purchased as a surprise and the captain even had that included in the vows. (DH made lots of points that cruise.) It was wonderful.

My husband, son and daughter are booked on our 6th Princess cruise, the Emerald, doing Venice to Rome and the Greek Isles next year. I was wondering if anybody has taken the vows renewal package on Princess and how it works. It is our 35th and would like it to be a family affair including our son 22 and daughter 15. Is it worth it and how special is it? Thanks for any comments Terry

boone2,

DH and I just returned from the Star/Baltic for our 25th wedding anniversary and renewed our vows on board. It was wonderful. Princess handled every detail beautifully. It was on the second sea day (which we requested as it was our actual anniversary) and it was not done as a group - just us. It was worth every penny - we found the $205 package had all the bells and whistles we needed. There is a special events coordinator at the pursar's desk who handles everything for you. It was lovely and very meaningful. We planned to do it just the two of us but ended up inviting about 15 people we met onboard.

Do it - it's fabulous!

I purchased the delux renewal of vows package for my parent's 50th anniversary on the Crown in August. I must say, they enjoyed the package all week long.

The actual ceremony was held on the first formal night and it was a private ceremony. My children and I were witnesses and they were presented with a very nice certificate following the ceremony as well as a framed 8x10 photo. They also received a champagne breakfast in bed one morning complete with engraved champagne glasses. They took 2 very comfortable robes home and both enjoyed a 30 minute massage. Petifores were delivered to their cabin every night before dinner. They were offered a tour of the bridge but they ended up declining because it conflicted with the days schedule. I'm sure they received even more but I honestly can't remember all of it. Every day there was something to make their day special.

The entire staff seemed to be aware of their milestone. They were treated like royalty all week. I'm sure they will remember the occasion forever and it was the perfect gift that we were able to watch them enjoy.

I would recommend this package to anyone wanting to purchase a very special gift for a love one. I also think that it would be a very romantic gesture on the part of a spouse.

I also meant to post that our ceremony was private. I think they make every effort to only have one couple at a time. Ours was on the first formal night as well.

Just please remember to tell all the folks at home who will want to watch on the webcam to manually refresh the picture. It says it will do it automatically but it didn't for 2 of our families back home who missed seeing it.

Thanks to all for your info and links, it sounds wonderful and I am going to go ahead with it,these days it is worth celebrating longevity especially as I was such a young bride and it was predicted it wouldn't last!!!!

Terry

Isn't there anyone out there who wants a bessing by God -using a Rev.?

Or don't they use rev's on cruise ships?

I am looking into the vow renewal for our 25th ann. & would have liked it performed by a priest. However, it is my understanding that there are not priests, reverands, nor rabbis on staff on Princess ships.

I am looking into the vow renewal for our 25th ann. & would have liked it performed by a priest. However, it is my understanding that there are not priests, reverands, nor rabbis on staff on Princess ships.

Correct. The weddings and vow renewals onboard Princess ships is performed the the Captain.:)

Actually, our DD was married in port on Majesty of the Seas in Miami so her brothers could attend the wedding and fly home before the cruise departed. She could use the person the cruiseship had under contract or hire her own priest, minister, or rabbi. It was her choice. She planned to hire a married priest to perform the ceremony because the Catholic Church will not allow marriages anywhere but inside a Church--at least where we come from. In the end, they decided to go with the cruiseline choice.

I would definetely prefer my vow renewal on a ship. There was a rabbi on our Crown Princess ship last week. I wonder if he performed any weddings onboard.

Generally on Princess there is no religious staff onboard. The "Interdenominational Church Service" is conducted by the Staff Captain. For Jewish Sabbath Services they do state a time and place but usually ask a fellow passenger to conduct the service. ;)

Did you all book your Vow Renewal package ahead of the cruise or not until you were on the ship?

Well, here's a story you probably don't want to hear. We booked ours 9 months ahead, when we booked the cruise. When we got onboard there was no confirmation of it for two days, no letter in our cabin - nothing. A simple inquiry at the Pursar's desk where we met the First Asst. Pursar took care of it. Turned out Princess had no record of it. James looked us square in the eye and said "Don't worry about a thing, we'll make this happen for you." And he did. We asked for the second sea day which was our actual anniversary and left the rest in his hands. He planned every detail and told us where to be at the assigned time. It was a wonderful experience and I highly recommend it.

We renewed our vows for our 30th onboard the Grand. My husband planned it all without my knowledge...Bless his heart! I had a bouquet, he a small flower for his lapel. Pictures were taken at the ceremony and after which we got to choose a free one plus a frame. We had champagne before and after.Got to keep the glasses! I even "smuggled" the bouquet off board and dried it for a keepsake. This was a private ceremony held the first formal night. Upon arrival, a notice of time and place was in our cabin. It will never be forgotten!

Just please remember to tell all the folks at home who will want to watch on the webcam to manually refresh the picture. It says it will do it automatically but it didn't for 2 of our families back home who missed seeing it.

Is this included in the package for the deluxe vow renewal? Is it "on" for the entire ceremony?? Please tell me more!!

My husband and I did the renewal of vows on the Coral Princess (Panama Canal) in 2004. At that time, I had a letter in our cabin with an appointment scheduled with the wedding coordinator. I was able to choose the music I walked in to and the color of my flowers. My boquet was absolutely beautiful. They also asked us if there were others travelling on the ship that needed invitations to the ceremony (our mothers were along and got invitations).

The ceremony was performed by the captain and was totally private. The pictures were great, just like those done at our original wedding! Although we only paid for the ''basic'' package, they still sent us chocolate covered strawberries on our actual anniversary AND invited us to the bridge tour (which we did).

My sister did her renewal of vows on the Diamond Princess (7 days out of Los Angeles) in 2005. Although a nice ceremony, she didn't get all the extra ''perks'' that we had enjoyed on the Coral. I guess it really depends on the ship and how many renewals they have. She and her husband still really enjoyed the experience, it just wasn't quite as elaborate as what we had.

Hope this helps. I would definitely do it again!

We are going on the Island Princess on Nov. 20 to Hawaii and thinking about doing the vow renewal ceremony. Can anyone give me more specific information as to the actual vows used. I am assuming they are the traditional marriage vows. Also any info as to how the service is conducted. Do you walk in together etc. What time of day is it scheduled? Thanks for any further information.:o

We are going on the Island Princess on Nov. 20 to Hawaii and thinking about doing the vow renewal ceremony. Can anyone give me more specific information as to the actual vows used. I am assuming they are the traditional marriage vows. Also any info as to how the service is conducted. Do you walk in together etc. What time of day is it scheduled? Thanks for any further information.:o

Hello,

The vow renewal is usually done on sea days/formal nights in the early evening before the Captain's Welcome Party or Captain's Circle Parties.

The vows are your standard wedding vows - slightly varied because they reflect upon your time together. It was very special.

Here's a link to our copy:

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/cpebmw/album/576460762329407776#page1

Yes, you walk in together. The Captain is waiting for you and greets you at the podium. We did an exchange of rings as well.

We renewed our vows for our Silver Wedding on the Coral Princess in April 2003 although we had identical problems to Crusdive - see 14th October. All was resolved too, and all our table companions joined us for the ceremony - very moving it was too and we have a full video to prove it filmed by one of our new found friends. Of interest, we are cruising with them again next July on Star Princess in the Baltic, so how is that for a lasting cruise friendship?

Ours was private - just us and our six dining companions, and done by the Captain (Captain Pomata) on a sea day.

Go do it, you might not get another wonderful opportunity!!

It is a great thing to consider doing, and reaffirms the wedding vows to your most loved and treasured partner.............:) :) :) :)

Archived