Costa Magica, Spain, Portugal and Gibraltar 10/3-11

brandy3415

If anyone is interested in knowing anything about this cruise, let me know.

I posted numerous times about it before we went and got no responses, so I do not want to take time to review this cruise if no one is interested in these ports or our European experience.

We did enjoy the cruise, overall. Costa bent over backwards because there were so few English speaking people on board--about 2 dozen!

We got special information sessions (English hostess VERY accessible, which we did not find on past Europe cruises), a cocktail party, and a fruit basket and champagne to our cabin.

We are not great participators in events on the ship, so I cannot rate it on that. Our best moments were relaxing on our balcony sipping a glass of wine after the day's sightseeing.

My husband had complaints about the coffee, and so did the 5 of the 8 others at our dining table. I drink tea and my biggest complaints about that were--they gave me half a cup of lukewarm water that did not fully steep the teabag!!!

I found something to eat that I liked at nearly every dinner. I enjoy continental breakfast and ordered it in cabin several times, while spouse went to dining room or buffet for his eggs or omelet. Other than breakfast, he did not like the food at all. Food overall on cruises has changed a great deal since we started cruising in the early 90's together (I had cruised several times in the 70s and could not compare ANYTHING now to then)

I doubt we will cruise in Europe again--mainly because of the stress of transferring three times to different flights. If Tampa Airport opens up more European non-stops, we might reconsider.

I got sick the third day out and the medical care was quite good. No one should be afraid to use the services of the doctor on the ship. Now I need to see if the travel insurance will pay the doctor bill!

Any questions people have I will be glad to answer.

Archived