Waking to Majahual

jdavidg

Has anyone walked to Majahual latley? I have read that it's about a mile if you walk along the beach but there is a wall between the cruise port and the walkway. How difficult is it to get around. We will be going in Nov and enjoy walking along the beach. Thanks Eileen

Has anyone walked to Majahual latley? I have read that it's about a mile if you walk along the beach but there is a wall between the cruise port and the walkway. How difficult is it to get around. We will be going in Nov and enjoy walking along the beach. Thanks Eileen

We walked last November but we walked along the road, not the beach. We wanted the exercise. It was my husband and me (both 50 at the time) and my brother (47.) I'd say it took us about 20-30 minutes. We must have had half a dozen cabs stop and ask us if we wanted a ride!

My older brother and his wife rented a golf cart so we rode back with them.

What did it cost to rent the golf cart?

I'm thinking it was about $60. Someone on this board has posted pictures of the rental stand with the rates on the sign. If I come across it again, I'll post a link.

After you pass through the cruise line mall, the rental stand is on your right. There was also a bicycle rental stand but they said the bikes were all reserved for an excursion. These stands are in the same area where you can catch a bus or cab to Majahual.

We rented a golf cart last December. It was $30 for 2 hours or $50 for all day.

I do think that rates vary though as I have seen people post photos of the stand with different prices. My guess is that they change the prices depending on the number of ships in at a time.

• 2 weeks later...

When we were there it was $15/hr to rent the golf carts. While I did see some people walking, keep in mind depending on the time of year it can be very hot and humid. We were there in April (both times) and I wouldn't have wanted to walk 1-2 miles in that heat.

When we were there it was $15/hr to rent the golf carts. While I did see some people walking, keep in mind depending on the time of year it can be very hot and humid. We were there in April (both times) and I wouldn't have wanted to walk 1-2 miles in that heat.

I am really glad hubby did not know it was only 1-2 miles.....even in the heat he would have wanted to walk it. He walks 2 miles at least every day without fail....however, I am a couch potato!!

Very true, even in November when we were there. However, we're from Texas and it was still cooler than what we get most of the year. :rolleyes: :D

• 4 weeks later...
Once you got to town was it safe to leave your cart and wander around? Is there a designated area you leave the carts?

What is there to do in town?

There was a parking lot where lots of carts were parked, just a block off the main row of shops and restaurants. We didn't leave anything in it and took the keys and there was no problem.

Archived