Hubbard Glacier or just the Inside Passage?

mrstay

I noticed that some cruise listing mention Hubbard Glacier and some mention Inside Passage. From what I understand the Hubbard Glacier is in the Inside Passage. It is not a deciding factor for our trip, but we do want to be informed. If you pull up the itinerary for Sept. 21 Vision Repo you will see that it sails the Inside Passage on the second day. I wondered if Hubbard Glacier was included in the cruise, so I clicked on the Inside Passage wording and it mentions the "one thing not to be missed" is the Hubbard Glacier on this cruise. I know that it is generic wording for other cruises. I called RCCL and they said that there were only a few cruises that actually went to the Hubbard Glacier.

For any of you that have cruised Alaska, did your wording on your itinerary say Inside Passage and you did go to the Hubbard Glacier? Looking for any insight on this matter.

Hubbard Glacier is not in the inside passage and is a seperate destination. If you can find a cruise that goes to Hubbard take it. It was awsome. I think the only ships that go to Hubbard are the 1 way trippers out of Vancouver that do the Vancouver to Seward Run (Serenade and Radiance). Hubbard is closer to Seward off the Gulf of Alaska so only the ships that don't do roundtrips out of Vancouver go. Its a special sailing if a ship from Seattle goes cuz its so far. Our itinerary said embark Vancouver, cruising inside passage (day at sea), Ketchikan, Skagway, Juneau, Icy St Point, Hubbard Glacier, Day at Sea, disembark Seward.

I was on the August 27, 2006 sailing of the Serenade of the Seas.(roundtrip out of Vancouver) Hubbard Glacier was in the description of the cruise. The Hubbard Glacier was awesome!!! I am still in awe of such a beautiful sight. That day, the sky was a beautiful blue! We enjoyed the inside passage, also. Looking out and seeing the beautiful scenery was also an added bonus! Enjoy your cruise, whatever you decide!:)

Hubbard Glacier is spectacular and not to be missed. It is mesmerizing and it is impossible to describe the sounds and sights of the calving and the blue color of the ice.

The Serenade makes a round trip out of Vancouver that visits Hubbard and the Radiance does a North or South sailing that also visits Hubbard.

having done two Alaska cruises, Hubbard is NOT to be missed...the sights of a lifetime!! The inside passage is nothing more than beautiful scenery on both sides of the ship...much of which is traversed at night.

We did roundtrip from Vancouver on Serenade this past July...(link to pics on my sig) Hubbard Glacier, as others have said is awsome...and must be seen in person to be appreciated..the day we were there it was overcast and drizzling...the Captian let the crew come ondeck to view the Glacier , expaining that in this type of weather you really see the colors of the Glacier, and he said that that day it was even more beautiful then they had seen it all season.

Check out the pics...I would definatly choose an itinarary that stated specificly HubbardGlacier...why go to Alaska and not see it???

Calving.jpg.55f577f19cb8155ccef7e255ee143ff1.jpg

We sailed a 7 night round trip from vancouver, sailed up the Inside Passage on northerly route and visited the Hubbard Glacier which was the most northerly point. It is listed as a seperate destination and was spectacular. We were lucky we were there on a clear blue skies day, perfect for visiting it! We were on Celebrity Infinity so some of the ships do round trips and go there.

Archived