Bathroom products?

cruiseluvva

Don't bother bringing that extra stuff. All QE2 cabins have excellent toiletries.

Think it was Bronnley .... soap, shampoo, bath gel, etc.

Very NICE in my opinion. The only things you'll need are toothpaste and brushes, and other personal products. (perfume, after-shave, robes ... )

You'll enjoy the QE2 .... have a great trip!

:)

Hi Vic,

Is it the same for the QM2? Are there robes in every cabin on the QM2?

Thanks,

Tracy

PS - How do you like "Take the Weather with You?"

Would you believe I haven't picked up a copy yet??

Heck, there's a record store nearby, so that will be rectified by the weekend!

:)

I expect a review here. I haven't picked it up either! Haven't watched the video about the FloraBama, and still haven't caught Emeril Live with Ji,mmy Michael Utley, and Mac MacAnally. (though I hear the RubyRed Grapefruuit Margarita is great- To bring it on topic, maybe we can get Cunard to make this in the Commodore Club! I'll bet they could! They made me a Sazerac Cocktail!)

Did you hear they are looking to find a Parrothead family for the next "Wifeswap" (or whatever the show is called. I don't watch TV, so I'm not up on the right title. Which is one reason I haven't caught the Emeril show! I forgot!)

However, I am heading to Key West in just over 3 weeks! I am cutting my trip short, in part, because I was hoping it might free up time for Marc and I to go on the Dec 2 Caribbean on QM2. However, Marc's company decided even with a shortened MOTM trip this year, they didn't want him gone for another week a month later! :-( So No Dec 2 cruise for me, unless I go solo, which isn't likely.

Let me know how the CD is!

Karie,

the other parrothead

(parrothead-av8r@mindspring.com)

P.S. One of the officers from the Coast of New Jersey Parrothead club was on the labor day cruise with us!

The official reviews are actually quite good, believe it or not. He's not usually well received by reviewers.

As for me, I got the disc on Wednesday, immediately put it in my player in my car, but so far have only made it to the 6th track because I really like "Take the Weather with You" and "Party at the End of the World", so I keep starting over at the beginning of the disc. This CD is definitely more "vintage Buffett" than "License to Chill" - each song tells its own tale. Most of it is not as overtly country as "License" was. DS has heard the entire disc several times and enjoys several of the tracks I hane not yet listened to.

I was lucky enough to see "Here We Are" when we saw JB in concert in June. Seeing it on the huge screens with JB joining in on the final refrain just blows you away.

I have not seen Emeril yet, either but I hear it's a hoot. I did see him on Today yesterday and heard the live interview on Radio Margaritaville. Enjoyed his remarks on the French "Ecstasy" bust to Matt Lauer.

Tracy

OP, I think he played Party at the end of the world at Jones Beach. If I remember correctly. But I think it was actually taped on Margaritavision during intermission.

Maybe I will go get it today, based on what you are saying. If it's more like the old JB, and the storytelling JB, it might be worth getting!

Thanks,

Karie,

Who is WAY off the topic of bathroom products, but to bring it on topic, I used some of my left over Canyon Ranch shower gel today (I still have some left, as I use it only occasionally, and very sparingly, as I am allergic to soap, and too much use will give me problems. But it smells so marvelous- Kind of pineapple-y!)

My wife tells me "they are horrible. Anyone who thinks that Bronnley is excellent quality is not a suitable passenger for the QE2."

I can't comment. I always take my own stuff as well, and ignore the freebies.

I agree with kindlychap's wife... well, at least with her opinion that Bromley products are horrible... they really are. It is not too kindly to suggest that people who do enjoy the product are unsuitable for travel on the QE2. Perhaps Mrs. Kindlymadam will enjoy the Canyon Ranch products on Queen Mary 2. I prefer them to Bromley. But, then, I'm a brash Yank.

Bromley products are horrible

Am I the only person that doesn't have a problem with them? When we go away I always have to take my own soap as after a couple of days a lot of hotels' soap brings me out in a rash. This didn't happen with the soap on the QE2.

I agree with kindlychap's wife... well, at least with her opinion that Bromley products are horrible... they really are. It is not too kindly to suggest that people who do enjoy the product are unsuitable for travel on the QE2. Perhaps Mrs. Kindlymadam will enjoy the Canyon Ranch products on Queen Mary 2. I prefer them to Bromley. But, then, I'm a brash Yank.

Please note that I do not speak for Mrs. Kindlychap. I'm not that brave!

It will be a fair while before she has an opportunity to be rude about Canyon Ranch things. We won't be on QM2 while QE2 is around.

Anyway, can I suggest that a trip on QE2 is worth spending a bit extra so that everything is perfect?

On my first crossing, just before I met my wife, I was someone who used whatever was around. My dear mother bought me some Chanel shower gel as a bon voyage present.

Whilst I haven't used anything else since (please note I am not still using the same bottle! :D ) it was lovely having something special.

Don't spoil the ship for a ha'pennorth of tar!

Archived