New to RCCL - and got a Grand Suite UPGRADE - 11th November Voyager Mini Cruise

Hi,

I am new to RCCL - done Celebrity, Regent, P&O, Costa, Cunard, but never RCCL.

Yesterday I tried to register online having booked the cruise back in March and paid for 6 weeks ago, only to find the word 'we cannot find your reservation'. I called RCCL who also had difficulty finding the reservation, but it was there, only not confirmed. After various phone calls from my TA and RCCL in UK I was told that my cruise was cancelled as I had not confirmed!!! Yet more phone calls and putting my foot down, so to speak, and I have ended up with a Grand Suite!!! I only booked a Balcony Guarantee.

Anyway, having never travelled on RCCL before what can I expect from the line and the cabin? We are travelling in a group of 6, the other 4 booked with a different TA so they haven't been affected.

I'd love to know what to expect and am really excited!

Britcruiser!81

Brit cruiser, What luck!! You'll love the grand suite. We booked a D1 cabin on our jewel cruise but found it quite small so tried to upgrade on the ship. No luck, all suites were booked. We went to bingo on the first morning and the star prize was a Suite. Guess who won? it was only a JS but it was a huge improvement on the D1. Your Grand will be great.We were not entirely pleased with RCI, we've had better cruises with costa.Theres some pluses and minuses with all cruise lines and in the end it's what you make of it.All cruising is great so i'm sure you'll have a great time. make sure you go to bingo, with your luck you're bound to win. we had two more wins after our Suite win.

Good luck, daff.

We had a Grand Suite on Voyager in 2005. We had I believe 1568. Incredible room. It's alot bigger than the balcony cabins. It has the normal bed and desk set up in most of the rooms but the other half is a couch(pull out) and 2 chairs then there is a marble bar area that has drawers and areas to put things. Right behind the bar is mirrored closet that is two or two 1/2 times bigger than the standard rooms. It's big enough to store your luggage. Then one of the best parts of the room is the bathroom. It is also all marble, double sink , full tub with marble sitting area behind it (good for sitting and shaving the legs). The area of free space in the middle of the bathroom is about 3-4 ft. Its bigger than my bathroom at home. The balcony is double the size of the regular balcony rooms has a large table 2 chairs and lounger (we ate breakfast out there a few days ). Now with a Grande suite you have access to the Concierge Lounge. Its a great place. It's a room on the 9th deck (the frosted glass room) with a cappaccino/espresso bar , leather chairs and couches. You can help yourself to coffee cappaccino,espresso, hot chocolate and tea 24 hours a day. In the morning there is continental breakfast and juices. From 5-8:30 at night there is free drinks (diff wines, beer, and liquor with mixers) and appeitzers (hot and cold). There is a concierge manager who takes care of the room making sure the drinks are plenty and so is the food. She/he also takes care of reservations for you and hands out tickets to the skating show. Make sure you take advantage of the priority debarktion tags (white tickets to get off the ship first ) and hanging out at the lounge when ready to leave . There are also dvd's to borrow (your room has a dvd player). You fell into a incredible deal you will be so pleased. Good for you for sticking to your guns. Have a great time....Laura

Archived