I found it! I found it!

YankeeCruiser

Great looking dress! Where did you get it?

Doesn't look 50's to me at all. To me it looks more 20's.

I think a strand of very long pearls (opera length) would look great with it - maybe with the long end hanging down the back instead of down the front.

Enjoy!

Jane

My first thought - how very pretty! :)

Then I read the comments & of course, completely agree w/Jane. It has a 1920's, Edwina Mountbatten look to it. Love it.

Other suggestions - black jet crystals or black marcasite. Just me, but I wouldn't pair all white, blingy rhinestones with that vintage looking dress.

Thanks for all the ideas. I found these necklaces, also at Nordstroms:

_5268751.jpg_5165321.jpg

What do you think? They're both single strand - so I could loop it, or wear it long. I kinda like the black - more 'funky'. I agree - definitely don't want to go overboard with the jewelry - the dress has enough character by itself.

Hmm - hair up or down - good question; I'll have to think about that!

Hard to tell, but I think I'm leaning my preference towards the black pearls. Long black crystal beads would look nice too - faceted beads might look great. I'm not in agreement on the marcasite look because with the lace on the dress I think the two textures would "fight" rather than enhance each other.

If the pearls/beads are very long - to the waist - try seeing how they look single strand with a knot in them. (i.e. put them on and then do a loop knot, a la roaring 20's style)

What kind of hair do you have? If it's on the longish side, I think the new curls they're showing this season would look great. Blow your hair straight, so the top is smooth and then with rollers or a curling iron curl the sections below ear length. Hold the curling iron vertically so that you're curling the hair horizontally rather than curling the hair under. (does my description make sense?)

It's hard to tell from the pic, but the black necklace is actually black faceted beads, rather than pearls - I think it would work great.

My hair is a couple inches longer than shoulder length. I could wear it down, but would need to do something fun with it - otherwise it's just straight and isn't that complimentary. Jane110, I like your your idea of curling the lower part of it - may have to try that at home one of these days!

I love the thought of the black strand against that gorgeous dress. It definitely has a 20's "flapper" look. I think the black will add to the dress and not detract in any way.

The dress is perfect for the occasion (and many others to boot). Have a great time! :)

Hard to tell, but I think I'm leaning my preference towards the black pearls. Long black crystal beads would look nice too - faceted beads might look great. I'm not in agreement on the marcasite look because with the lace on the dress I think the two textures would "fight" rather than enhance each other.

If the pearls/beads are very long - to the waist - try seeing how they look single strand with a knot in them. (i.e. put them on and then do a loop knot, a la roaring 20's style)

What kind of hair do you have? If it's on the longish side, I think the new curls they're showing this season would look great. Blow your hair straight, so the top is smooth and then with rollers or a curling iron curl the sections below ear length. Hold the curling iron vertically so that you're curling the hair horizontally rather than curling the hair under. (does my description make sense?)

Would you mind dressing me from now on? And doing my hair?? :):):) Your descriptions are great!

Would you mind dressing me from now on? And doing my hair?? :):) Your descriptions are great!

Awwww gee.....thanks for the compliment. May I feel free to send your compliments to the company I write fashion for? LOL!!! :D

YankeeCruiser,

Took a better look at the two necklaces. Didn't notice at first glance that the black one was already faceted crystals. Great minds think alike! LOL! I think it's perfect!

I also suggest not going too pale with your lipstick. Red might clash, but a dark pinkish/red would look great, IMHO.

YankeeCruiser,

Took a better look at the two necklaces. Didn't notice at first glance that the black one was already faceted crystals. Great minds think alike! LOL! I think it's perfect!

I also suggest not going too pale with your lipstick. Red might clash, but a dark pinkish/red would look great, IMHO.

Great minds do indeed think alike. I found some very cool earrings as well - not over the top, but lots of fun.

I agree re: the lipstick. Not a problem, since I never wear red lipstick - I've got the wrong coloring for that! Something to match the dress, though, I can definitely do. Might have to buy new blush, though, as mine is usually a lot 'tawnier'.

Archived