Feeling about Delta

attitudeda

We are cruising out of Barcelona next August. Right not I have my air with RCI. I was looking and found a non stop flight from JFK to Barcelona with Delta airlines. Has any one used Delta to fly to Barcelona. We had a bad experience two years ago with Delta while flying to Wichita, wound on getting stuck in Atlanta so I'm a little hesitant.

JFK is a totally different experience that ATL. I wouldn't hesitate to book on Delta (don't know exactly what your previous experience was though) however if you don't mind going through JFK (I know some people prefer not to fly NYC airports).

Well living on Long Island we can fly from Islip, LGA of JFK. no a problem. Just looking for a non stop flight to barcelona. I was told when we got stick in Altanta that: DELTA =

D = Dosen't

E = Ever

L = Leave

T = The

A = Airport.

I hate to be negative about it but it that one bad time that kills everthing about them.

attitudeda, every airline has an acronym like that. I always refer to Northwest as Northworst for example. I've been stuck at airports by more than one airline, it unfortunately happens on all of them. I've had better luck with being taken care of by American and Delta than other airlines.

Well living on Long Island we can fly from Islip, LGA of JFK. no a problem. Just looking for a non stop flight to barcelona. I was told when we got stick in Altanta that: DELTA =

D = Dosen't

E = Ever

L = Leave

T = The

A = Airport.

I hate to be negative about it but it that one bad time that kills everthing about them.

Delta is certainly not my favorite (or 8th favorite) airline, but don't let the Doesn't Ever.. stuff worry you.

No airline wants to cancel overseas flights. If a flight gets nuked it is weather or a mechanical problem with no substitute plane available. Weather is weather and not much you can do about it. Mechanical problems cancelling (as opposed to delaying) a flight are much less likely at a carrier's hub -- since they are far more likley to have a back-up plane available.

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

We fly Delta out of Atlanta all of the time and ver seldom have we been delayed. We also fly them to Europe and have never had a problem and the service has been great both in Atlanta and Rome, Milan and Venice. Just remember that Atlanta will be opening a 5th runway on November 8,2006 and that should help the traffic flow into and out of Atlanta.

Tom

Archived