Celebrity Honeymoon

ambergj

Hello,

My fiance and I are booked on the Mediterranian cruise out of Venice, Italy 7/12/06. We have a Concierge class room whilst aboard during our stay. Of couse, we've read all about the amenities included in it, but I was curious if it is really worth that extra money that is paid for that room. What makes it so special? And are the appetizers that come each evening tasty etc.? I'm just curious b/c I have not really read any reviews or any personal opinions to that room type.

Thank you!

Just my opinion, but on cruises that are port intensive, I think a cheap cabin is all that is necessary. We did an 11 day Med cruise last year that had only two sea days on the Galaxy. We did excursions in every port and most of the excursions lasted all day. Because we were ashore so much of the time, there was little time to utilize the facilities on the ship. If we had gotten a more expensive cabin I think it would have been a waste of money as we would never really have had the time to enjoy it.

Personally, I love a balcony and use it often. IMO, the Med has some of the prettiest harbors in the world and the pleasure of sitting on a private balcony with a cup of coffee in the morning or a glass of wine is well worth the cost. And, I find it very romantic:)

If I am truly going to explore an area, I will travel by plane and train, not by ship because the short time in port does not allow for much in depth exploration. I am not one to cram all I can fit into a port day as that defeats the purpose of relaxation for me. I prefer to wander the streets and keep my itinerary loose and easy, hitting whatever highlights I have determined to be important for me.

I would not book without a balcony in the Med or Alaska as I enjoy the peace and quiet it provides and also the respite from the crowds.

You might want to do a seach on these boards to pull up past posts.

If you are already aware of the amenities included with that level of cabin, it would seem that you could easily evaluate whether these perks are worth the cost to you as a couple. Food is very subjective so whether or not the snacks are "tasty" will differ from person to person.

IMO, it is the extra services that would count more than afternoon snacks; you really have to make a judgment based on personal tastes.

If you do a search using "concierge class + amenities" on the X forum, you will probably find some posts that are helpful to you.

We really enjoyed the CC amenities on our first X cruise on the Constellation in November 2005, and have booked CC rooms for our next two cruises...on the Summit next month, and the Millennium in April.

Below is an annoted copy of an answer I gave earlier to the question "do you really get the listed concierge class amenities"...

One of the most important CC perks on Millenium class vessels is the larger room size. Your room is about 20 square feet larger, which actually makes a nice difference.

One of the best perks is the Concierge Class room service breakfast menu...it is pretty comprehensive, and you can order almost anything you might want for breakfast, even if it is not on the menu, except for the waffles.

Here are some comments on the rest of the individually-listed CC amenities:

Welcome champagne (a bottle of sparkling wine, chilled, in your stateroom, refreshing, a nice touch)

Daily fruit selection (yes, and you can ask for any kind you want...we asked for tropical...mangoes, etc.)

Fresh-cut flowers (a series of about 5 connected bud vases with Alstroemeria, and a vase and a couple of blossoms in the ensuite)

Daily hors d'oeuvres (bread bases on canapes can be dry..you can ask for a fruit plate and cheese, or something else you'd prefer, in its place, and it will come every day about 5:00 p.m. whether you are in your stateroom or not)

Menu of pillows - Conformance, Body, Goose, and Isotonic® (yes, these were great)

Duvets and pillow-top mattresses (yes, very comfortable)

Leather key holder, personalized stationery, a tote bag and umbrella (yes, totebag comes at end of trip...is very sturdy and can carry lots)

Double-thick Frette bathrobes (yes)

Hansgrohe® showerhead (yes, good)

VIP invitations to events (yes, some)

Early embarkation and debarkation (yes, and preferred tendering)

Dining and seating preference (yes)

Preference on shore excursions (yes, but we only did one)

Express luggage delivery (yes, luggage was in room when we came back from lunch, about 1:00 pm.)

Also,

Second, more powerful hair dryer (in cupboard below sink)

Thicker towels

I hope you're able to get a good price on the CC upgrade....the perks will enhance what will already be a great cruise!!

Thank you! I really really appreciate your response regarding the details of the amenities. I was not really concerned about the FOOD as the other responder I think assumed that I was concerned about. I just could not really remember what the different amenities were and if to that person was worth the upgrade. We are on the Millenium ship and it's the CC class room that is on the back of the ship. Which seems to be a nice place for us. :) We are very excited and I'm extatic with your reponse Elena7seas. Thank you for taking the tiime to answer my detailed question. :)

Do you happen to know how the CC rooms on the Millenium on the back of the ship fares? Just curious.

Thanks!

We visited friends in an Aft CC cabin. It was lovely...much larger balcony with lounge chair as well as table and chairs. 6 of us had drinks and snacks on the balcony one night...very nice. Check to see what is above your deck...sometimes folks above can make noise or look onto your balcony. The one we were on was partially covered so some sun and some shade!

If you have managed to get an Aft CC cabin, you will definately enjoy it! The views are wonderful...the balcony space enjoyable, and the quiet location, makes this a great choice.

Cabins on deck 7 or 8 offer to over-head noise.

We enjoy these cabins, and will again on Infinity this Sunday to Hawaii.

Karyn

Archived