Washing Machines and ironing boad

Babs1121

Just wondering if the Noordam has a laundry room. This is our 6th cruise on Holland America and the ships all had a few washing machines and dryers and a ironing boad. Someone told me they didn't think the Noordam had this.

Thank you

Someone is right. None of the Vista class ships have passenger laundry facilities. You may send your things out, though, for the ship to wash/dry clean/press.

Sorry, but that doesn't make any sense to me! On a ship that is larger, why would they eliminate the self-service laundromats? Strange.

Probably to make more money!........jean:cool:

That probably has alot to do with it.

Those laundries on the S and R Class ships take up the space of approx 1 small inside stateroom apiece.

Example: Amsterdam has 3 laundrettes:*

Assuming a mere $500 revenue/week/inside stateroom passenger...

3 add'l inside staterooms x $1000/week = $156,000 additional gross revenue/ship/year

(not to mention add'l onboard spending & tips from those 6 add'l pax, plus laundry*fees from all the other passengers...)

Frankly, for this amount of additional revenue I'm surprised they don't get rid of the laundries on the other 9 ships!

The Vista class ships were built with the intention of them doing more 7 day cruises than longer ones -- get the people on -- get the people off.

They feel that on a 7 day cruise you shouldn't need to do any laundry.

But no consideration was taken when these ships do repositioning cruises.

The Vista class ships were built with the intention of them doing more 7 day cruises than longer ones -- get the people on -- get the people off.

The Noordam did only 10 day Med cruises all summer, and with a pre-day in Rome, and a day to fly over, we would have liked to do a small batch of clothes with same-hour turnaround, not waiting 24 to 48 hours. But, as Brian said, it's all about the money!

Personally, I like to do my own laundry. Some things I don't put in the dryer (such as my travel knits). I wonder how their laundry facility does with travel knits. Anyone know??? :confused:

I know this sounds weird but we don't like ending a vacation with a suitcase full of dirty clothes either!

Archived